Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Red Ribbon Week ~ Tuesday

"Team Up to Be Drug Free"
Wear your favorite sports team hats or jerseys Without question, Jacob said he wanted to wear his Cubs jersey and cap from this past baseball season...worked out wonderfully!!! :)


"Join the Fight Against Drugs"
Wear Camo
I love that precious little face. And...I caught him signing "wrestling"! :) All in all, I think that was a pretty good picture.


What an odd day this turned out to be!! Such weird weather we had for it to be the last week of October. I had listened to the wind blow all throughout the night, and I was a little worried when Jason left for work this morning, knowing he had a long drive ahead of him, his car is so light in such heavy winds, and it was still dark out which makes it harder to see fallen debris in the road. (I was also a bit worried about Matthew and I laying on the couch and that big ole hickory tree right outside!!) Turns out, Jason did have a bit of trouble this morning on the commute to work, and I am ever so thankful that it turned out as well as it did. He said they were going along on a stretch of road that he is convinced is an old Indian burial ground, as there have been many accidents in that very spot, and he's unsure of what exactly happened, but he thinks the wind blew the car a bit and they ended up dropping off the road resulting in a flat tire. They were able to put on the spare, and made it back to our friend's house that he rides with, and they took his car on to work. Through all of that, they only clocked in 1 minute late! So very thankful that they made it okay!! I did tell Jacob this morning that they were calling for storms, but assured him that he would be safe inside his school. I thought that might be better than him getting shocked by a tornado drill and not having mommy's assurance that he would be okay. Mom and I kept an eye on the weather all morning, and we decided that we would be a little better off at Mamaw's instead of Mom's house, which sits on a hill. We made it safely to Mamaw's, and we stood out on the front porch and watched some of the weirdest cloud formations I have ever seen. Ha...and there we all were taking pictures on our cell phones! As soon as it reached us, we went inside, shut the big door, and thought we were really in for it. In a matter of literally two minutes, the worst looking of the clouds were passed and we opened the door to much cooler temperatures! What a blessing that there was no more damage than there was. Things were fine there at Mamaw's and the greenhouse, other than lots of over-turned flower pots. Things were fine at Mom's and here at home as well. Of course, even though I knew my boys were safe right where they were at, I could not help but worry about them. The kiddos spent an hour and a half in the hallways of the schools, and Matthew even ate lunch in the hall. They said he was a big boy, and I reckon he handled it all pretty well. As if that wasn't enough, he had two therapists visit him at school today, as well as his sessions at WKU. Needless to say, he's already conked out for the night! :) Jacob said they ate lunch in their room, and he said he wasn't scared at school...he said he just hurt from being stuck in the tornado drill position for so long! I texted Jason and got a reply back from him telling me he was okay, but that they had had to take cover in the break room while the brunt of the storm passed over there. Again, we were all SO blessed by being watched over today! I've included a couple of pics from my phone of the clouds, but they don't come close to doing them justice of what they really looked like!!


1 comment:

Heather said...

It was definitely an odd day but ended up being just fine. I even got a to see a beautiful rainbow on my way home from Leitchfield, right at sunset:)