Friday found us with a little time at home, and then we went for a visit to Grandma's house. Saturday the boys and I spent the morning at home, and just enjoyed our day. Later in the afternoon, we headed up to the greenhouse for a birthday celebration for Jason, my brother Jeromy and my daddy....whose birthday is next week. (Ha...I told them since Dad's birthday is closer to next weekend than this one, we should just have another dinner next week!) The steak and taters were yummy, and my fam of four were some pretty stuffed toads as we headed on to church that night. ;) Today has been one fun day to end fall break on. We headed out to church this morning, and then afterward we hit the road to New Haven to visit the Kentucky Railway Museum and to take a train ride. Jason's employer, Publisher's Printing, sponsors an annual train ride at the museum, and they also cater in a meal of BBQ and sides that is included in the ticket. Since the boys didn't like anything they had, Jason was the only one who ate. We were early, so we toured the museum (they actually have a model train museum exhibit as well, but New Haven was hit very hard during the May flooding, and that room received extensive damage and is still closed. I saw some pics from the flooding and it was really bad there...even some of the actual tracks outside were washed away as well as a lot of the ground underneath certain areas of it.) and then let the kiddos pick out something from the gift shop. Matthew only wanted gummi bears ;) and Jacob got a snow globe of the Railway Museum AND a harmonica. He played it for us most of the way home! :) For the last couple of weeks or so, he has really been showing an interest in singing, and we sing a lot in the car. I'm loving that! I've been hearing him sing a little bit at church for a good while now, and he has started standing by his daddy in the singing class during the last couple of services. Now, getting back to the story at hand...I have included a few pictures of the day, but I'm also including the link to my facebook photo album so that you can see them all...it's just lots easier and faster to only upload them all one time!
Jacob and Matthew in the museum.
Me and the boys.
Thought this picture of the boys with an old train car outside turned out really well.
Jason and Jacob
Me and My Boys
I thought that Jacob would really like the train ride, but I was unsure how Matthew would like it. To my complete surprise and amazement, he LOVED it!! I really think he enjoyed more than anyone else. He smiled and/or giggled the entire ride. I brought his gummi bears with us, but he never ate anything on the trip...and we were on the train for about and hour and fifteen minutes. This picture shows one of his newest things to do...when he laughs, he will put his hand over his mouth and then slap his knee. We saw this quite a bit today. :)
Ain't he precious?!
Me and Matthew
Me and the hubs.
We truly had a pretty great week; with the exception of a couple of hours there on Tuesday afternoon with the "little accident". I'm always disappointed when the breaks come to an end, and it will be a smidge sad to drop them off at school in the a.m. Actually, Matthew's break will be extended a little since he has an appointment to get his ears re-checked in the morning. Jacob had an awfully hard time going to sleep tonight, so I may have a grouch on my hands in the morning!

2 comments:
Glad you all had fun! That sounds like a neat thing to do. LOVE the picture of Matthew covering his mouth while laughing:)
Great pictures. Looks like you had fun. Sounds like something to try, my kids have never rode on a train, well, neither have I, so it would be neat.
Post a Comment