Today was Jason's 35th birthday! Since he was still feeling very rough this morning, he called into work, and spent most of the day resting. He still feels bad, and I am hoping his medicine begins working soon. Since he's not up to snuff, I decided to fix him dinner at home, and what better when it's cool outside and someone's not feeling well??? Homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese.
It was perfect weather for soup, and Jason said it tasted so delicious to him. :)
It was perfect weather for soup, and Jason said it tasted so delicious to him. :)I baked Jason a cake, and then Jacob decorated ALL by himself. I thought it turned out super-cute! Much more special than a store bought cake!
Jacob and I thought we would put candles on the cake just for fun. I used leftover candles that I had from the boys' birthdays, and it took three seperate sets to piece together enough to total 35. Those candles were REALLY putting off the heat!
We surprised Daddy with his cake, and he was laying in the floor watching television, so that's where he blew out the candles at. Seriously, we were a fire hazard by this time, so we had no time to spare to be all photogentic. :) (Ha...I even brought the plates in, and we ate the cake sitting in the floor. :)

Jacob and I thought we would put candles on the cake just for fun. I used leftover candles that I had from the boys' birthdays, and it took three seperate sets to piece together enough to total 35. Those candles were REALLY putting off the heat!
We surprised Daddy with his cake, and he was laying in the floor watching television, so that's where he blew out the candles at. Seriously, we were a fire hazard by this time, so we had no time to spare to be all photogentic. :) (Ha...I even brought the plates in, and we ate the cake sitting in the floor. :)



1 comment:
Sounds like Jason had a very SPECIAL birthday!! I love special birthdays:) Homemade dinners, homemade cake, and home-time with the family.
Post a Comment