Just thought I'd throw a quick post together to let you know that we apparently came away from the Walmart trip with no scars...seeing as I've already been back again three times this week! ;) Oh...and the Walmart post was pretty much written in jest...except for the part about me saying I was going to run over someone with my cart; I really did say that and I truly meant it at the time. Whether I would have actually done it remains to be seen. :) So, now that everyone in bloggy world thinks I'm a cruel and mean woman, I will move on...
Truth be told, our little family hasn't been up to much out of the ordinary here lately. It's pretty much getting Jason out the door in time for work, attempting to make Matthew let me get another hour of sleep, trying to get the boys to school on time...ha, there was actually one day we were a smidge early!...I go to Mom's to work in the "yarn business"...and then home or whatever needs doing after that. Throw in a couple of trips to WKU for Matthew and I, as well as a couple of night classes for Jason, and maybe you can see why I just never have the energy to make great blog posts! ;) The highlight of Jason's week was getting to deliver a baby. It was a girl. And, it wasn't a real baby...but that didn't curb his excitement at all. He came in telling me all about it, and said, "I've never seen anything like that!" To which I replied, "Did you have your eyes closed when both our children were born?!" He was actually referring to the child-birthing mannequin they used...they are really upscale now!
Matthew is doing fairly well. He's not real happy to go to school on most mornings, but it's getting a smidge better. Yesterday, he wasn't ready to come home and gave me a nice pinch or two when I picked him up! So wishy-washy!! ;) He really seems to be enjoying his sessions at WKU. He starts laughing the closer we get to campus, and he practically tries to run to get inside on most days. That makes it worth the long drive down there two days a week!
Jacob is still enjoying school. I might say, we had parent/teacher conferences last week, and I got a great report for him. Mrs. Julie said he is behaving, and he knows he better! ;) She told me his scores for his "Think Link" tests which are practice tests for the CATS testing that he will have to do this spring, and he made all proficient and distinguished marks...pretty great in my book! :) He also made all A's on his report card and he got a certificate for that yesterday! He also reached his Accelerated Reader goal and got a little certificate for that too. Yes, I'm proud of my boys and I don't care who knows it! :)))
The highlight/torture of the week was yesterday evening. I took the boys to get their pictures made by Jessica Parsley!! I won an awesome contest she had on facebook to get a free portrait of the boys and yesterday was the day. I quickly remembered why it had been so long since I had portraits done. It makes me a total wreck. From the time I got them dressed, I couldn't tell you the times I said, "Don't lean your head back on the seat; it'll mess your hair up", "Don't touch the car with your hands, you'll get them dirty", "Stand still; you're gonna mess your clothes up." Let's not forget that Matthew hates having pictures made, doesn't want to stay where you put him, and is rather big for me to woller around. None the less, Jess assured me she got some good shots, and I can't tell you how excited I am to see!!! Honestly, I have never taken my boys anywhere but to Sears or Walmart for pictures, and while there is nothing wrong with that, I was really excited to go to a "professional photographer"!! :) I have known Jessica for years, and her husband was one of my really good friends in high school, but even still, I can't tell you how wonderful she was with my boys. Didn't seem to bother her at all that Matthew wanted to scoot all over the room...or that he kept eating grass when we went outside for a few photos. She gets raving reviews in my book...and on my blog!!!! ;) Thanks so much, Jess!
Now...on to the weekend!! And then next week looks pretty promising for blog posts...it's Red Ribbon Week at school, so that means special dress up days, and we can't forget Halloween parties and fall festival!! Sounds like a lot of busy fun to me!! :)

3 comments:
Can't wait to see your pictures!! I know what you mean about next week/weekend. I feel like I should do nothing but rest this weekend because the next 8 days or so is going to be a whirlwind! Oh well, it's all in fun, so bring it on:)
Natalie...trust me 99% percent of little boys HATE to have their pictures taken...including my little "darling" I think the boys tolerated the whole getting dressed up and posing for the camera thing very well! I'll be glad to take pictures of those sweet boys any day!
Jess takes great pictures. She's really good with kids. Can't wait to see them.
Post a Comment