Monday, September 27, 2010

Under the Weather

What do you get when the seasons begin to change??? Sniffles, sneezes, hacks, coughs, snot, doctor's visits and medicine!!! I kid you not when I say our household has experienced all of thee above! Matthew started last week with the whole sneezing-snotty stuff. He was completely horrible at school on Thursday and Friday, and I was pretty confident we wouldn't be allowed in the school doors without a visit to the doctor first! ;) I took him to see Dr. Stewart this afternoon, and his left ear is infected, he has lots of drainage, but his chest sounded fine and his throat was okay...and his nose has some sore places on it from being wiped so much. SO...we left with an antibiotic for his ear, a antihistamine/decongestant/cough medicine all rolled into one, ointment for his nose, and he will continue his nasal spray which he lets me squirt up his nose with no fuss. With all that medicine, surely he'll be feeling well soon. As for the rest of us...Jason sounds pretty rough, and Jacob has been doing the whole sniffling till it drives me crazy bit. Mom is really under the weather too, and I foresee a trip to the doctor tomorrow for her. Even our kitty is sick. I don't know what is wrong with him, but I REALLY hope he gets to feeling better soon. Perhaps I am just easily astonished, but I honestly have never seen a cat and little boy so attached to one another. It would just crush Jacob if something happened to his Toby. I must say, I'm glad Jacob didn't get quite as attached to Todd and Tom...the two goldfish he brought home from the fair. Apparently, they didn't adjust well to our aquarium, and well, they um, died. And even more apparent...fall festival fish (which we have four of from last years' fall festival at Kyrock) must be cannibals...they pretty much took care of Todd and Tom...it was quite tragic.

We are looking super-forward to fall break! Even though if I hadn't read someones post on facebook about there not being school on Friday, I would have been trying to drop the boys off that morning! Gotta love these four day weeks! :) Here's hoping that everyone is feeling better soon!!!


2 comments:

Heather said...

There have been lots of people that didn't realize we were off on Friday!

April said...

Hey, I know we've never formally met, but I have read your blog many times and saw you the other day at the clinic. Didn't know you went to Dr. Stewart, too. We really like her. Sorry to hear about all the sickness. My husband has it pretty good this week. Dalton and Olivia are both on allergy medicine everyday and Dalton takes allergy shots. Fall always brings a challenge!

I bought some pumpkins the other day from your sister-in-law and I saw one of your shirts (the one with the pumpkin and the name embroidered on it). They said it was $7 if I buy the shirt, is that correct?? Email me whenever at April.Starnes@bgky.org. Thanks! Hope everyone feels better.