I can hardly believe that today is the first day of autumn! Especially since the temperatures have been in the 90's, and it has been as humid as a July day! :) None the less, one of my favorite times of the year is upon us, and I'm looking forward to all the fun and festivities it will bring...not to mention some cooler temps...maybe?? Some of my favorite things about fall...temperature perfect days that require no air conditioning and no heat (still waiting on those!)...the smell of pumpkin spice and apple spice candles...PUMPKINS, MUMS, CORN SHOCKS, STRAW, AND GOURDS (all the beautiful things that are available at Creekside Garden and Nursery!)...the beautiful leaves when they are turning colors...SOUP AND CHILI...our annual hayride and bonfire!...coffee on cool mornings (I just don't want to drink anything hot while it's a sweltering 159 degrees outside.) Now, when Mother Nature gets the memo that it's autumn, we'll be good to go! :)
Yesterday was Matthew's first day back to WKU for the "fall" semester. He was less than thrilled to be in speech, and I was less than thrilled at his reaction. He was sooo unhappy, and quite honestly I debated on continuing him in the program this semester. They have changed the time slots, so now he is missing a half-hour of KAP, and I would really rather him to just go to KAP. I was astonished at how different he was once we got to the KAP wing. He went in his room, walked over to the cabinet where they keep the laptops, they got one out for him and he sat in his chair SOOO patiently while it took the ice age computer forever to boot up. He never made the first fuss...and the computer still hadn't booted up by the time I left. He was much more at ease at KAP, but then again, there are more things familiar to him there. He's in the same classroom, where in speech he is in a different room on a complete different side of the building. There is usually at least one person at KAP that he is familiar with, and he has a new speech clinician EVERY semester. I have decided to try to tough out speech for the remainder of the semester, but it will more than likely be his last semester. If we sit out of speech next semester, he will get to be in KAP for the full length of time, and I think he will benefit more from that.
Unfortunately, one of the "downsides" of fall seems to be that allergies seem to be on the rampage. Poor Matthew is so congested, and I know he feels rough. They said he felt better this afternoon at pick-up time than he had all day. We've started the congestion meds and nose spray, so maybe we can squeak by without making a trip to see our favorite pediatrician! :)
Sending happy autumn wishes your way!! :)

2 comments:
Like the new look:)
Love the new background! I am with you on the wierdness of having hot temps in fall. Bring on the cool air!
Post a Comment