Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Year Ago...and Crazy Weather

Well, who remembers what a year ago today was....or perhaps you'd just rather not be reminded of that??? And what about this crazy weather we've been having lately? Sun shining and in the sixties one day and coming a blizzard the next! AND, I don't even want to think about what the weather folks are saying could be headed our way come Thursday!!!! Golly mercy...I ain't got my milk yet!!! :) I'm heading to BG tomorrow...wonder if Wally World will have any left? Once again, I dread the thought of all the people who have to try to go to work to make a living with the snow on the roads. The forecast will probably change numerous times between now and then, and I hope for safeties sake that we don't get what they're predicting now. Plus, as much as I like having my sweet boys home with me, I'd rather have them home in the summer. I guess we'll just wait and see...and stock up on all things edible!!! :)

I can't wait to show you some of the new things that Mom and I have made the last couple of days! I PLAN to have the new blog up and running by the end of the week and I'll be sure to post it here when I do. I just LOVE creating these cute little things!! Well...I like coming up with the ideas of creating these cute little things...I just make Mom do most of the actual creating ;) I'll admit...I don't sew much! I did manage to get my machine threaded, but I thought that was about good enough. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, I'll pick up a few lessons from my mommy, but until then, I'll be happy coming up with the ideas and telling them to her :)

Okay, I'm just gonna lay something out there for ya, and try to explain the conception of our little "venture" that I'm calling Creekside Creations. Before Jason and I ever were married, we had the "family" discussion. You know, the one where the boy and girl talks about their dreams and goals for their future together. We BOTH wanted me to be able to stay at home and raise our children IF God chose to bless us with them. I worked up until I was SOOOO sick while pregnant with Matthew that I couldn't even make it to work....yep, it was THAT bad!! Then I started my 'career' as being a full time mommy...truly my dream :) I had originally thought that I would try to find a job when my children started school, but our family life is a little different than that of many other families, and I will just suffice it to say that I really believe it is in the best interest of our little family for me to not enter the work force. Those of you who know us well, can understand. But, I have always felt like I should be doing something to bring in a little money. I will just be honest and say right here that it has not always been easy and we have made a lot of sacrifices, but I wouldn't change being able to stay stay home with my boys for any amount of money in the world. Things have just come about here lately that have provided an opportunity for me to join mom in this little venture and we'll just see where it goes. We might not make one red cent off of it, but I can tell you this much, we are sure having fun!!!! I have truly enjoyed the days we've spent together and all the laughs we've shared already! I haven't really gotten word out as to what we're doing just yet...other than here on my family blog. Once I get the other site up and running, I will be posting it on my facebook, and will be doing some word of mouth advertising :) It is really my hope to be able to over some of the absolute cutest things that people on any budget could afford. I know I would have loved for my babies to have some of the cutie pie things we're making, but I wouldn't have known where to have started looking, much less paying for them. Good gravy, I went into a very popular children's boutique at Christmas time, just to pass some time as well as look for a baby gift while Mom was next door, and I could not believe the prices on even the simplest of items. Needless to say, I left empty handed!

Oh...a quick little note...Jacob made 110 on his coin counting math test today and I'm very proud of him. I couldn't help but think as we were practicing last night for his test, just how big my baby really is. It was quite eye-opening to see him counting money so well. And he's already learning to make change!! I sure don't remember learning that in second grade. They are having an election for class president tomorrow and Jacob is running. Yep, he gave his speech and everything. Not to mention that speech caused us all a headache as Jacob didn't know what he wanted to say, and everything his daddy and I suggested was "lame"! I told him he ought to say, My name is Jacob and I want to be your president."...after his "good afternoon classmates" that he came up with all on his own. You know what his remark was??? That is SO silly...they already know my name! Sad to say, he's got the thoughts of a politician...he told me he knew he had three votes from...and he named three names. He said, "They're gonna vote for me cause they're my buddies." :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE everything about that last paragraph! Go Jacob!!!! I think your "venture" is amazing. I just can't wait till I have to buy a little girl gift for someone so I can get a hairbow:o) And, with you two, I'm sure there will be lots more laughs to come:o) Good luck on the sewing machine. You've already accomplished more than I know how to do on it. Aren't we so blessed to get to stay home with our kiddos? I have to admit though, it's lonesome when I'm home and there not. Speaking of them being home...I was really looking forward to them getting out the middle of May...Ummm, not so sure that's gonna happen now.

Wanda May said...

I am so excited for you....love your venture...have fun and I hope God blesses you more. BUT...the blessings you have now with your Momma are priceless....love it