Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Congratulations....

....Mr. President! Jacob's first words to me this afternoon were, "Here's the class president." Would you know that since we've been home, I have learned that the president shouldn't have to wipe his own hiney and is also boss of his family??? Sorry, but I'm no secretary of bottoms and that rear is gonna have to wipe itself! (Can you say filibuster???) That boy is so full of himself!

Well, I was one of them crazy folks running around Walmart today to stock up on the "essentials"....you know...Pop Tarts, viennas, bologna, hot dogs, crackers, marshmallows...forget the milk and bread!!! There was NO WAY I was getting snowed in with Matthew without HIS food groups ;) Yes, I got all of those things plus enough to last for a good month! One can just never be too prepared for snow days!! Among my favorite things to do...snuggle up under warm blankets with my boys, read, watch movies (or at least whatever comes on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel), dink hot cocoa, and EAT! Snow days are a sure-fire way to pack on the pounds. OH, and from the looks of Walmart's parking lot when we left today...it would have been a wonderful day to sell milk or bread! Now I'm not usually one to stockpile when snow is in the forecast, but this one caught me needing groceries anyway, and Matthew and I would have gone bonkers if I hadn't gone! I've already heard some sleet hitting my window tonight, but supposedly this little initial round is not going to cause driving problems...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If you have to be out on the roads when they do get slick, please be safe! Sending you all "warm" wishes for the remainder of the week! :)

OH!! One other little tidbit! When I picked Matthew up, his teacher told me what he did today. She said he was in a rather grumpy mood and she asked one of the other teachers, in his hearing, if she thought that he was upset because M-O-M had G-O-N-E S-H-O-P-P-I-N-G? She said he sat there and it sounded just like he said, "Mom gone shopping"! The other teacher said, well now he can spell!! :) Who knows if he really did or not, but I think it's awesome anyway! (I do know we can't use the abbreviation CB for Cracker Barrel anymore because we did one day and he laughed and said macaroni and cheese and apples!)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations to Mr. President! That is wonderful news! Also SOOO thrilled about Matthew! Your days of "coding" things may be over! Bless both of their sweet hearts!

Heather said...

Your going to have to get you a new code for Cracker Barrel now:o) I loved the little story about Matthew. He probably just wanted to be with you to make sure you was getting HIS food! Congrats, to Mr. President!! I'll have to ask him for an autograph. Good luck on that whole hiney wiping thing:o) Funny!!!!