Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringin' In 2010

We brought in 2010 surrounded with family that love us...I couldn't think of many better ways to start out not only a new year, but a new decade. We gathered at Mom and Dad's and had LOTS of food! I'm talkin' homemade chicken noodle soup, potato soup, chili and vegetable soup, numerous dips and cheese balls, tuna, pimento cheese, and chicken salad sandwiches, mini pizzas, and lots of other cookies and finger foods! No New Year's Eve is complete without a couple of kinds of punches and Michael couldn't wait for us to fix the orange one :) Most of us gals have made it a tradition to wear our pjs, and there's always games. This year we had matches of Mad Gab (he-lair-e-us!), balderdash, and some pretty smokin' games of Sesame Street Chutes and Ladders! ;o) We had a fun time and always love being together. (Matthew had a fairly rough day yesterday and as figured, he fell asleep early. He didn't stay asleep though, and we finally got him settled down after he drunk half a gallon of tea and we put in one of Dad's Gaither videos. Everyone managed to be awake when the ball dropped (for the second time) and both boys were still awake after we got home. Praise be, Matthew slept till 6:00 this morning!! :) I included a few pictures of the fun...



This was taken at midnight...love him so much!
Another midnight shot...Jacob styled his own hair and if you look closely, you can see where he's missing his two front teeth :) My sweetheart!

Kaylee told Jacob she was going to read him some bedtime stories :)

Andrew and Ashlee
Me and my Momma
Jacob made buddies with cousin Kaylee...he was pretty gracious to play with a girl and one that is a few year younger than himself, but they both had a blast!
The awesome game of chutes and ladders :)
Me with my rock, confidante, and best friend on our 16th New Year's eve together...looking forward to as many more as the Lord sees fit to give us...I ♥ You!
The girls enjoying a game of Mad Gab...did I mention how funny this game is?!By the way, I may be partial, but I think we were graced with some of THE prettiest girls ever in our family!!
Grandmama...She's like having a second mom...a little boy once asked why I had two mommas :) Mom and Matthew while he was having his nap. Oh, another bit of wonderful news we got yesterday...Mom got the results of a biopsy she had done last week when the boys and I took her to the doctor and it was non-cancerous!! What a way to end 2009!! Now we're fixing to head over to Jeromy and Christie's to have our traditional New Year's Dinner...she can make some seriously delicious fried cabbage, and of course there will be black-eyed peas and jowl bacon :)

~*~Happy 2010~*~


3 comments:

Heather said...

Stylin' hair Jacob...love it!! Also loved Matthew's p.j.'s. Enjoyed the pics! Sounds like you guys had as much food as we did...Whew! I'm pretty sure I gained 5 lbs. between 8:oo p.m. and midnight. Happy New Years!

Julie said...

Cute pictures! Happy New Year!

Staffanne said...

Loved all the photos! Happy New Year to your sweet family!