Thursday, January 7, 2010

*Snow*Day*

The white stuff finally started falling this morning...I was beginning to wonder is school had been cancelled for no reason. Thankfully, all was clear on Jason's way to work and they made it there safely. Matthew clearly sees no benefit of sleeping in on a snow day, but Jacob woke up at his usual time for school, came into the living room, I told him there was no school, he looked outside and then was back to snoozing for another couple of hours. I let him pick breakfast and he chose cinnamon rolls :) All three of us enjoyed those! After a bit, I dressed Jacob for playing in the snow. Now, when I was a kid, you did not go out to play in the snow unless you were layered to the max! No different around here today! Jacob had on two layers of warm clothes, two pairs of socks, coveralls, boots, very thick scarf, gloves and toboggan. When I got his coveralls on him, he said, "Mom, I can't even put my arms down. I look like Ralphie's brother!" He sure did!! Then he sat down in the floor for me to put on his boots, and he couldn't get up!! It was hilarious! :) Here's a few pictures of our snow day fun...


Jacob all bundled up...
Catching snowflakes...Love those tooth holes!
He ALWAYS has to eat the snow!
Making snow angels is one of his favorite things to do...
still working on it...
Finished product! Yes, that is an orange extension cord running under there...I still haven't gotten all the outside decor down.
He thought it was really neat that he found these bird tracks.
Playing with Buster...
A boy and his dog...
He really had fun swiping all the snow off the vehicles...and yes, he's tasting it again!
This is how Matthew prefers to spend his snow days...at least when he's NOT eating something!
Warming up in his snuggie!
We spent the rest of the day keeping warm inside! Matthew ate high-near the whole day and Jacob has played and watched tv. We had a yummy supper...I had put on a crock pot of pinto beans this morning and then I fixed corn, fried potatoes, mashed potatoes for Jacob, and cornbread...it was oh so yummy and a great warm meal on a cold day. We topped it off with snow cream, which Jacob has asked for ALL day long! He ate two entire bowls and Matthew LOVED it too! Matthew is already snoozing for the night...I guess that means another early morning...and since we already know there is no school for tomorrow, Jacob is still going strong.
Jason made it in safely this afternoon, even though he said the roads were pretty rough. He drives to Upton and gets on 65 there. He said once they got off there in Upton, the roads were white the rest of the way home. Bad thing is, he will be going in by himself in the morning since his partner in crime is off. Seeing as how his buddy has a four wheel drive truck, they drove that today instead of Jason's little car that they usually drive. Tomorrow I'm letting Jason drive my all-wheel drive since he is in dire need of new tires on his car. I'm definitely looking forward to him getting home safely tomorrow evening so he won't have to get back out! Until then, I guess I'll just make the most out of my extra time with my little fellas.















1 comment:

Brooke said...

I loved the picture of Jacob with out his two front teeth! So cute! Glad you guys had a fun day and that Jason made it in safely. Have a great day tomorrow!