Today I've just thought about a few of the little things that I might normally take for granted or never give a second thought. Like a cell phone call around 5:45 a.m. from the hubs saying he made it to work okay. There would have been a time when I would have considered no news to be good news, but with the age of technology, I was able to spend the rest of the day without worrying if he really made it there or not.
Watching my seven-year-old eat muffins in the weirdest way and not being bothered by it! The edges were a little too brown for Mr. Picky (not burnt, just too brown!) so he ate the tops off of them and then dug out and ate the centers. He left perfect little muffin cups behind...and I'll not say exactly how many he ate throughout the day, but I made a dozen and he ate all but three...I know...I am a horrible momma! Remember, I was enjoying the little things today!
The smell of cap guns...yep, Jacob and I had us a cap gun war and it was FUN! Even if one of them popped so hard it flew back in my face! And I thought back to a few years ago when the poor little guy was TERRIFIED of the sound of the caps! He loved the guns, but did NOT want the caps put in!
A husband that graciously allowed me to take a long, hot, soaking bath when he came in from work today! I mean, I either bathe or shower daily...good grief folks...but it's not often that I get the luxury of not being rushed in the tub...unless it's at night after everyone is asleep and I'm usually so tired by then that I fall asleep...and I hate waking up in cold bath water! So, the hot bath was perfect on this COLD day...even if I did have to pull the shower curtain so a certain little fella could use the potty!
And a good story to tell...I fixed Jason a bowl of leftovers from supper last night that he could take for lunch today. He grabbed it this morning, along with a zippy bag of cornbread and asked if that was his lunch..."Yep, be careful and I love you." was my reply. Later in the day, I went to get my bowl of fresh pineapple that I sliced yesterday and I realized the boo boo. Jason was gonna have pineapple and cornbread for lunch! They were in identical bowls and I didn't think a thing of it at 4:00 in the morning. He called on his way home and I asked how his lunch was. He said, "I wasn't really hungry come lunch time, so I didn't eat it." My next sentence, "Did you bring it back with you, because it's my pineapple..." I happily enjoyed my pineapple this evening :) I would have been a little irritated to know that I had wanted this pineapple so bad, I had went through the agony of cutting the blamed thing while my chapped hands were on fire from the juice, and then not get to enjoy it. I'm just glad he brought it home unopened....and didn't have to live with the stigma from his co-workers of being the guy whose wife sends him pineapple and cornbread for lunch...it's just one of those little things :)

3 comments:
I love you!
I love the little things! Some of the very best memories I have are of the "little things" in life!
Okay Nan you are killing me. Poor man could have starved to death.
Post a Comment