Saturday, January 16, 2010

Honor Roll and "Retro" Photos

Yesterday was "Success" at Kyrock and Jacob was awarded a certificate for making the All "A" Honor Roll for the 2nd nine weeks of school. I am so proud of my little man! Here he is cheesin' with his certificate...
For those of you who don't "facebook", it has been retro week and lots of folks have added a childhood photo as their profile picture. Mom and I had fun digging through photos on Friday and I uploaded more than one. I thought that since I had them saved on my computer, I might as well share them here too...just for fun :)
Mom, Dad, Jeromy and me at my Mamaw and Papaw Doyle's 50th wedding reception. I love it!
This is one of my favs and was the one I knew I wanted to post as my profile picture. I was three years old and it was picture day at B-ville Elementary where Jeromy was in kindergarten, so Mom took me to get my picture made too. I love that it shows how blond my hair was...yep, pretty sure that's where Matthew gets his from :) AND...my momma made my dress♥
Tiny Miss Pageant at the Fair
Oopsie...I scanned this one a little crooked...Summer league softball in 1987...I was nine years old. We sure clocked in a lot of hours at the ball parks!!!
Lots of the girls on facebook were commenting on their "BIG" hair. Well, I thought I'd include a pic of mine!! I was in FIFTH GRADE!! I can't remember the exact comment, but the photographer made some remark about me looking older than a fifth grade student. He probably asked me if I was the teacher...of course this was the same year I was mistaken for a substitute by one of the other teachers on career day ;)
Junior Prom ~ 1995
Man, I thought I was fat back then! By the way, my date was Jason ;) We went to his senior prom in 94 and my junior prom in 95. We didn't go my senior year because it was church AND we were getting married in less than two months, so we didn't really need to be out the cost of those fancy duds :) (Although, the dress I wore to his junior prom, not this one pictured, was made by my mom and I loved it!)
Just thought y'all might like a look into my past :) I have always loved to look through photo albums and I might have to share some more "old" photos another time.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I absolutely LOVED these! The dress your Mom made was adorable...that was a sweet pic:o) I do have to say that I did give out a little chuckle at the "big" hair pic. But don't worry, I have some too!! You did look a lot older than 5th grade. Your prom pic was beautiful! Your going to have to do this again...I like seeing "old" photos!

Wanda May said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful lady....

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

Good Job Jacob!!

I love the retro pictures. The prom pic was my favorite. I like the picture of you in the white dress as well. It is so fun to take a look back at old photos!

Julie said...

Great post! Love the pictures and the big hair!