Sunday, January 31, 2010

*Sledding Party*

My brother had said earlier in the week that we would all have to head over to Mom and Dad's house if we got the snow they were predicting, and when we woke up to a winter wonderland yesterday, I knew we were in for some fun, as long as the roads weren't too bad. Our road was completely solid...snowplows had yet to get this far...so Jason went out to see what the main road looked like and it was in good shape, so we bundled up and headed out. We had a blast sledding down the hill in front of Mom and Dad's house, and I'm actually surprised that I am able to move this morning! Jacob said the worst part was walking back up the hill...I agree completely! :) We laughed and then laughed some more. I should probably call and check on Mom this morning, but I'll wait till a bit later. She was taking pictures, went to step back, stepped on a sled and BOOM...down she went! The impact knocked the lens out of her glasses. I was at the bottom of the hill and missed it all. I spent more time doing 180's and my very first trip ended up with me spinning backwards, flipping off my sled and one of my legs doing a windmill move in the air...in other words...I piled it up! I made one trip down with Ashlee and Logan, and we almost beat the longest distance...and we were all getting a face full of snow all the while! The little kids loved it and the big kids did too!! Oh...Mom even made one trip down the hill with Ashlee...they went airborne, then came down and came to a dead stop...it was great!! Jeromy had to go down and help Mom back up the hill :p The ending to it all was when Jeromy went swooping down the hill, hit a big root/stump, it broke the bottom of the sled he was on and I'm quite certain he will have a nice bruise. He laid there for so long, I sledded down to see if he was okay and while trying to walk back up, my feet flew out from under me and I landed face first in the snow. I'm sure the neighbors had a great show!

We went inside to warm up with chili, grilled cheese, and hot dogs that Momma had made us. It was SO yummy! Later I made snow cream, and the kiddos loved it! When I told Michael I was going to make ice cream out of snow, he said, "This is awesome". I think he liked it...he and Matthew both had two bowls! I must say, it is so much more fun to have a snow day with a group of family or friends!! :) Here's a few pictures...I'll post more later when I get them from Mom.

I took this picture of our front yard as we were leaving.I was trying to capture how deep the snow was. Jason had made us a little walkway to the car so we didn't have to go through the deep stuff.
Here's a big drift by Mom and Dad's back door. She "shoveled" out a little path with her dust pan ;p
Jacob all bundled up and ready to play!
He and Andrew must have thought they were on a beach...Andrew buried him in the snow.
Logan
That's it...I don't even have a single sledding picture...I was too busy acting like a big kid to snap a single shot!! :) Mom got some though, so I'll post them later.



3 comments:

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

How fun! Jacob is definitely right...the worst part is walking back up the hill! :)

Heather said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!!

Brooke said...

Looks like lots of fun! I really love snow days and romping with the boys! Jacob has such a cute smile too!