Well, I had to change my background...I had full intentions of leaving it up until I changed for Valentine's Day, but quite frankly, I am ready for the snow business to be over with and for warmer temps and sunshine to become a mainstay. And yes, I have a background fetish. Some girls have their shoes or purses...mine if free blog backgrounds! :o)
So, just thought I'd catch y'all up on what's been going on around here. I've been reading a wunderbar-gut book series the last few days and I think the Amish reading is beginning to rub off on me! I almost told Jacob that we needed to redd-up the playroom yesterday....and I have spouted off jah a few times today :) Thankfully, I have not spoken the Amish Dutch language in public! The cutest thing...when Jacob was just a baby and beginning to say a few words, he would say jah all the time...I can still see his sweet little face as he would say it! One of my close friends used to tell me he could pass for a little Amish boy easily. Truth be told, I have had a fascination with the Amish culture for many years. No, I ain't gonna have our electricity turned off, although after getting our last electric bill, I'm beginning to think they might be on to something there! I have often wondered what it would be like to live a day with them...but then I'm pretty sure the first trip to the potty might make me ready to head home :) I do love looking at their houses when we have to head north of here and Jason is pretty certain I know where ALL the Amish houses are...Yes, I'm pretty sure that's not quite typical, but I am a bit enamored with their plain and simple lives. Goodness, what would we do without our computers, televisions, and the like?! Please note: I am in NO way poking fun at the Amish...I really am that interested in their culture and traditions.
The boys headed back to school this morning and I was a little shocked at how well they both did. We won't know what to do when they have to go for 5 days in a row again :) They said Matthew had a really good day and was even very cooperative with his OT, which is a rarity. He did all but one activity that she asked of him! Speaking of my sweet Matthew, he made my day by telling his Daddy to "get up" (off the couch) with his little thumbs pointed up, and then saying, "Momma, sit down". I LOVE IT! Jason tries to get Matthew to cuddle up with him on the couch, but it ain't happenin'. I'm afraid all Daddy is is a snack and drink machine in Matthew's eyes :) Just kidding...he loves his Daddy, but he's just not as snuggable as Mommy :)
I'm hoping that in the next few days I'll be able to post some pictures of some of mine and Mom's projects we're hoping to work on this week. I'm kind of excited to think of all the neat things we're hoping to make!

1 comment:
I like to change my backgrounds a lot too. It's fun and it's free! Matthew is such a sweetie. Isn't it nice to feel needed!? I can share in a little bit of your fascination with the Amish. I think they could teach us a lot about simplifying our lives.
Post a Comment