Sunday, January 10, 2010

More Snow Fun!

Jacob and I ventured out yesterday to play in the snow. In order for someone to go out with Jacob, another someone has to stay inside where it's warm and snug with Matthew since he doesn't prefer to freeze to death in white fluff. Daddy and Matthew stayed covered on the couch while Jacob and I donned our many layers and headed out. Seriously, I must have been afraid I would get frostbite with all I had on. AND...I couldn't help but think about how I laughed because Heather fell outside while playing with her boys, and knowing that I have zipped down our steps more times than I can count, I was a tad nervous! Although, I probably wouldn't have felt a thing with all the padding I had on! :) Jacob and I BOTH rode on the sled down our yard and I honestly don't think I've laughed like that for a long time! It's probably a safe bet that the people that were in the truck going down the road hadn't either :p Jacob was having the time of his life and just kept saying, "This is the best snow day ever!" That made every trip up and down the yard worth it!! After one run, he said, "That was so radical!" He is so much fun! Of course I took more pictures...


Jacob had to plop down and make more snow angels as soon as he was outside...Here he is again...
Mommy eskimo and little boy eskimo :) HA! The funniest thing about me layering up was trying to get my shoes on! I had on two pairs of pants and it was just not pretty....but it was funny!

He was so happy...
it just made my day!
Catching more snowflakes...It snowed here the biggest portion of the day, and it is coming down beautifully as I type this morning.
Sweet boy...
This is my FAVORITE!!! I love his face!
Whee!
Down he goes...
He bailed off face-first!
So sweet...
I think he was contemplating going down the steep embankment, but then he thought better of it.
Still deciding...
Nope, I'll just eat me some snow instead!
Red cheeks :)
This is the view looking from our porch and across the road...very pretty on snow days!
I am also happy to report that we escaped the day without injury or incident...Well, except the fact that I almost broke Jacob's legs by sledding into them. He should have known better than to step in front of a big gal on a sled at my rate of speed...consider that a lesson learned. Yes, I took him right off his feet and kept going. And no, he wasn't hurt... :o)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you guys were able to get out and play!

The Browning's said...

I think us gals probably had a tad more fun than the kids, oh what it was like when we were young. Glad you all had fun. Great memories

Heather said...

You can tell Jacob was having a blast! Glad you escaped without injury:o) I was sore all day yesterday and it took me a while to figure out why. Well duh, you go nosediving down a hill and trip over your own feet and hit the ground like a ton of bricks...no wonder I was sore!

Staffanne said...

Looks like wonderful memories! I heart SNOWDAYS!