After six days out of school, the boys and I had a big dose of reality yesterday as we headed back to our everyday routine. I must say, I LOVE having my boys at home with me, but I was beginning to see their summer break slipping away rather quickly. We enjoyed our days at home together though! We stayed home until Saturday night and we ventured out to church. We did the same on Sunday, only to return home to the warmth and not stick our heads out the rest of the day. Monday evening we enjoyed a little trip to Cracker Barrel to use up more of our gift cards we accumulated through Christmas.
Both boys were wore out after their day at school yesterday and Jacob said he was going to have to go home and take a nap because his body was out of oxygen :) (I think he meant energy, but hey, who knows!) There were no naps, but instead we got to watch a rather good and cheap show. We had a van that has been in our yard since it quit running and the wrecker brought it home. A friend of ours is wanting it, so he and his dad came to haul it to the dad's house. Let's just say that the van had become "settled" into our yard and wasn't gonna leave without a fight. In the end, it took an S-10 hooked up to a Chevy Suburban, hooked onto the van to get it out. It was like watching something on Rednecks R Us!! Happily though, the van is out of our yard and now we have four large holes and lots of tire tracks out there.
I spent the day today inside the greenhouse...Yep, we're starting the spring planting! Gotta start early in order to have plants ready by spring...and Mother's Day :) We'll be staying busy with the plants, and when we're not working there, Mom and I have some projects that we're gonna start experimenting with. When we get them underway, I'll show some of them here :o)
Matthew had one of his spells last night, and I'm hoping it's a one-time deal. I'm definitely looking forward to Friday and the weekend!! :o)

2 comments:
I'm excited about your new "projects." Nathan passed by your house during the episode of Rednecks R Us:o) He said "I don't know what they were doing but it didn't look like anything was wrong or I would've stopped." I know what you mean about getting by in the groove of it all. Yesterday wasn't too bad but I think we've all been tired today.
Nan
You always have the funniest stories.
Post a Comment