Monday, January 4, 2010

First Day Back for 2010

Today was the first day back to work for Jason, and school for the boys, of 2010. Jacob had been staying up really late and sleeping even later the entire Christmas break, and I was afraid his schedule would be SO off. He went to bed on time and was able to fall asleep after only a little bit last night. He was super-easy to get up this morning...even if he was covered head and ears when I went in to wake him :) Matthew had a little rougher night, as he woke up sometime in the wee morning hours and was very unhappy. I finally got him back to sleep, and then he was only a mild grouch this morning...better than I thought he would be. He is really having some bad, really bad, episodes of hitting himself and I am a little concerned. He goes back to the neurologist tomorrow for a check-up, but I may have to see about getting him in to have his ears checked...he's just having some bad days and it is a lot like it is when he has ear infections...I guess we'll see what Dr. Zhu says first.

I picked Matthew up and he was really happy to see me...he was smiling and laughing so sweetly. We picked Jacob and he was simply a crab! I think he was just tired after a long day, but he was very unpleasant and this is a sampling of what I heard..."Why do I have to read out-loud?", "I don't want to do my homework.", "I hate school", well, you get the idea. We got the homework finished and he was a different kid. He even told me I was a really good cook at making nachos :) Matthew was quite grouchy by the time we got home as well, and he couldn't get his snack fast enough...after eating a bit, he was much better too.

As for me, I seem to be having a very difficult time in writing checks with the new year on them! After dropping the kids at school, I was going to pay a couple of bills while I was in town. I had two checks left, and that's the exact amount I needed. I was so concerned with getting the date right on the first one, that I wrote the amount of the check on the line that I was supposed to right who the check was to...VOID! I messed up the date on the second check, but I used it anyway....not to mention that I think I messed up on three other checks today as well...one at the grocery and two on bills I had to mail out! Gee whiz...It's not that I can't remember that it's 2010...it's just hard not to make that zero first! (Blond moment here...I realized while sitting and waiting for Matthew that I could have just stuck a one in front of the zero instead of putting a two before and a one and zero after! :)

It has been a long and COLD day! It's bath time for two little fellas and then I think we may snuggle up under bunches of blankets and quilts for the rest of the evening...As I type, I have a sweet little boy telling me to "sit down" and is pointing to our spot on the couch...Good night friends!


1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad your morning went well....I know you worried:o) My boys were actually up before I woke them up...Trace at 5:30 to be exact!