I cannot believe that another school year has come and gone. Much more, I cannot believe my babies have finished their 1st grade and 5th grade years!!! *sigh* It seems like only yesterday that Matthew was beginning preschool and now he'll be starting 6th grade! Even so, it seems like only yesterday that Jacob was my wee little one and now he's going to be a big 2nd grader! Gee whiz, time sure does fly by! This year has seemed especially fast! Both of the boys are happy to be out of school for the summer, but Jacob says he is going to miss Ms. Susan. She is an awesome teacher and we have so enjoyed him being in her class! We are all ready for some time off, sleeping late...yeah, right!...fishing, swimming, boating, visiting, and just being together. It will only seem like a matter of days till we're getting ready for back to school, so I want to take advantage of every moment with my two little guys I can get! Here's some pictures from today.
Jacob showing off his certificate from Ms. Susan for being the most energetic...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not! Bless his heart, he had all A's except for one B the third nine weeks and unfortunately his name didn't get drawn out for a prize today...not to mention my sickly little guy missed 10.76 days of school this year, keeping his name out of the attendance pot!! He has completely forgotten about it now, but he was ready to go home after the presentation. We went to Bertie's for lunch and DQ for ice cream! Oh yeah, back to my point...Jacob and his award...
Jacob and Ms. D. This is Ms. Susan's mom and she helped out several days in the class. This turned out to be such a wonderful picture, I wanted to share it!
Here's Jacob and some of his classmates. Pull out a camera in front of a bunch of 1st graders and it becomes a free for all!!!
Jacob leaving Kyrock for the last time as a first grader!
I started a tradition of taking a picture of Matthew leaving the school building on the last day, and I am trying to keep it up...until the end of their elementary years. I don't think a 5th grader would appreciate their mom taking a picture of their back side leaving school!! =)
Another tradition...we have a "school's out" celebration dinner at Cracker Barrel on the last day of school! We all enjoy that!!
This is the best I could get of Jacob. The sun was hurting his eyes, even though the sun wasn't shining under the porch!
By the way...both boys had wonderful grade cards! Jacob made all A's for the last 9 weeks, as well as all A's for his final averages!!! Matthew made all A's and B's and we are extremely proud of both of the boys!!! Look out summer....here we come!!!!

3 comments:
So you were headed to Cracker Barrel when I met you in the park. That sounds really good! Jacob looks pretty happy that it's summer and Matthew looks pretty happy with a belly full of mac and cheese!! I hope your boys have a great summer:)
Such great pics. I know time flies by when we are having fun and raising our kiddos! I can't believe my baby will be starting school this year. Have a great Summer!
So sweet! Both of mine had Ms. Susan in 1st grade. She was GREAT! Now, I have one starting high school and one going to 5th grade, and I'll be a junior in college.... LOL!!!!!
Hope you all have a wonderful summer!
Post a Comment