Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Customized Signature Info

Some of you guys have asked about my signature, so I thought I'd pass along the how-to's of getting one for yourself! I had given this a whirl a while back and it didn't work...the directions were much more complicated than the way I put this one on. After seeing Tiffany's new signature, it reminded me that I wanted to put one on my blog, so I set out to find an easier way. A couple of google sites later and wha-la, I have a signature! Here's the steps:

Go to mylivesignature.com and follow the steps to make your signature. (They are self-explanatory.) When you finish, it gives you a couple of different options on how to add them to your blog. Using the add-to button did not work for me. I copied the html code they provided, went to my blog, went into "settings", then to "formatting" and scrolled down to "post template". Here you will paste the code into the template box and save your new settings. The next time you make a post, the code will be into the post box. Make sure you type above the code so that your signature is last and doesn't appear at the front of your post. To give credit where it is due, I found these directions at Moms Who Blog. (You can also choose to center your signature, or align it left or right by clicking on it in the posting box and then choosing the placement of your choice in the little tool bar.) If any of you have any questions, leave a comment and I'll be happy to answer the best I can!

It's simple as pie, so now I expect to see a signature on all of my blogger friends' next posts!!!! :)

2 comments:

Tiffany Vincent said...

Nice! Jenni had posted a comment on my blog earlier but I hadn't gotten around to posting the directions. It's a lot of fun. Another easy way to get to the website is just by clicking on the signature..it will open a seperate window and take you straight to mylivesignature.com. I inserted the signature on mine last night. I did mine basically the same as your explanation, but a little different. I copied the html code and clicked 'Edit Html' at the top of the screen when writing a new post. Both ways work with the same result!

Nan said...

Hey! I wasn't even sure if that was the same program you used or not! I actually did the same thing with the "edit html" to add the signature to my older posts, but inserting it into the post template puts it on all future posts. I love the way it gives a more personal look to the posts. AND, did you notice, I figured out how to get Twitter on my blog?!! YAY me!! (I had to make my tweets public first though.)