Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jagger's Cemetery Decoration

I was finally able to upload a picture of my birthday cake that Shela made for me! Not only was it beautiful...it was more importantly, delicious!!!

The third Sunday of May is when we gather as a family to decorate graves at the cemetery where my father-in-law and a very large part of his family are buried. His parents, both sets of grandparents, three uncles and several cousins are all buried there. Jason's aunt and her family come down from Louisville and we put flowers on the graves and then go to Shela's for lunch. I've posted some pics of the day...

Jacob was strong enough to put on the flowers by himself this year! (I think the fact that it had recently rained for forty days and nights helped too!) This is Jacob's great, great-grandmother Stice's stone.

His great, great-grandfather Stice's grave.

Papaw and Mamaw Vincent's stone.
Jacob was big enough that he can remember Mamaw. How we miss her!

This is all of Mamaw Vincent's grandkids and great-grandkids, minus Jeff. (He was sick and not able to come down this year.) Mamaw LOVED her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and was so proud of them!

Goodness gracious!! Trying to get a decent picture with this crazy bunch is like pulling teeth!

Finally!!! Shela was yappin' in the other two I took!!

My father-in-law's stone.
Matthew loved his "Pa-pa" and his "Pa-pa" loved him!! How I wish Jacob could have known him! He is so much like him that it's unreal for him to have never met him!!

Uncle, Jacob and Hannah are all giving Matthew a ride.

I pulled out the camera and Hannah took off like a flash!
Sweet little baby Isaac! So precious!
Matthew wasn't worried about anything except going to get his mac and cheese!
Jacob and his jeep.
Matthew was NOT happy to be spending the day outdoors!
Jacob had a blast driving his jeep around! Watching him groove to the gospel songs on the radio was a hoot!
Unloading a passenger. Jacob was so gracious to taxi Hannah around most of the day :)
This picture looks sweet and innocent, right?
It was taken right before they ambushed me!!!!
Every time I went to take a picture of Hannah, she would put her cup in her mouth! The picture above is the only one I got her smiling in, and that was because plowing over Auntie had caused her to take her mind off of the camera!!!!
I have lots of photos from yesterday to put in another post, but do you have any idea how long it took me to get these on here???? Never fear...I will post them, because there are some REALLY good ones of Matthew on there that I definitely want to share!!!!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm glad Hannah runs from other people and their cameras too:)

I have to admit, I'm jealous that now you and Tiffany have signatures:(

Nan said...

Well, I am a bit excited about the signature and it's not as hard as I thought! I tried to do it once before and the method they used was much more complicated! This is easy-peasy...I may do a blog post about it so anyone else who wants one can do it for themselves...interested???

Brooke said...

Great pictures! You have a wonderful family!

I have a question.........how did you get your signature on your post?

Heather said...

Love the pictures! Shela is so funny in that one with her hands up. I figured Hannah liked having her picture taken....I guess not:)

Tara said...

I love all of the pics Natalie. We had a great time. It was beautiful weather down there this year except for the cool wind of course. It seemed like everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had an awesome time in Gatlinburg. Isaac was wonderful. He was the best baby ever the whole week!! I love the pic of Aunt Shela. She was a hoot!