Monday, May 25, 2009

Field Day and Memorial Day Weekend

Whoa-golly-gee...I am tired!! We have had one of the busiest weekends ever! I'll recap so you can be just as tired as me when you finish reading this post :)

It started with a call at 5:45 on Friday morning from Jason. He usually rides with a friend to work, but due to scheduling conflicts, had to ride separate on Friday. Well, the van he's been driving went kapluey and he ended up coasting into the Bonnieville store. I got the boys up, threw their clothes on them and we headed out to pick Jason up. After getting him, we came back by the house, I threw Matthew's lunch in his bag and grabbed Jacob's beach towel for field day. We still made it to school earlier than ever and ended up having to wait for the buses to leave Kyrock!! YAY!!

Friday was field day at Kyrock, and Jacob had lots of fun. Jason and I both went to watch him compete in the different events. I have included a few pictures...


This is Jacob at the beginning of the obstacle course. He's running through the hula hoops...

going through the tunnel...
hopping on the ball...
and spinning with his nose on the end of the bat three times around prior to running back to the finish line. This event is a 5 man relay and Jacob was the last guy on his team and he secured their blue ribbon finish!! =)
Giving me a blue ribbon smile :o)
Hopping in the sack race just for fun. The kids chose 3 activities to compete in, and if there was time remaining, were allowed to compete for fun (no ribbons) in the other activities. After the sack race, they were sprayed with the water hose, which was an all time favorite!
Tug of war, just for fun!!
Jacob's getting ready to run the 100 yard dash. When Jacob gets nervous, excited, anxious, sleepy, etc., he rubs his ears. Guess he's gearing up for the run here! ;)
YAY...red ribbon victory!!
Jacob also competed in the softball throw and won a BLUE ribbon...YAY Jacob!!!

Friday afternoon, we visited with Mamaw Skaggs and then Mamaw Shela, so we got home late. Saturday, the boys and I spent the morning at home and then we headed to the lake with Uncle Jeromy, Aunt Christie and Michael. Matthew was SOOOO excited to get to go out for the first time this season! When I told him, he literally jumped up and down in the floor, laughing, and saying, "Boat, boat, boat!" It was the sweetest thing ever!!! I wish I had it on video!! We all enjoyed our joy ride on the lake!

Can you see the smile on Matthew's face?
Smiling again!
Uncle Jeromy is one of his best friends...he needs a shirt that says, "If mom says no, I'll just ask my Uncle Jeromy!"
Yep, he's still laughing, you just can't see his face!!
Jacob loves hanging his hand out and trying to get his arm wet from the boat splashes.
Matthew's driving the boat!!
Sweet boy!
My sweet Michael...right in the middle of saying, "cheese"!

Sunday morning, we were at my parent's house around 7:30 for breakfast. YUMMY!! Then we went to a couple of cemeteries, and then we headed to church. After church, we had lunch with Mamaw Shela and went to the cemetery where her family is buried. We headed back home and went over to some friends house and played corn hole until after dark! We, the grown-ups, had a blast and the kids all enjoyed being together as well! Good wholesome fun!!!!

This morning, the boys and I headed to Wal-Mart while Jason mowed the church cemetery. Afterward, we went to my cousin's and had a cook out and played more corn hole. We had yummy food and I took my snow cone machine and the kids, big and little, enjoyed cooling off with the sweet treats!! We came back home and both of the boys were out like lights. Are you tired yet?!?!?!?!?!


3 comments:

Kristin said...

I can hear Matthew giggling now. The boat pictures are great! Jacob looked like he was in his element on field day!!

Heather said...

I like holding my arm out on a boat and getting it wet too. What's the fun in being on the lake if you can't get a little wet?! Sounds like you guys had a busy weekend too! Love Matthew's smile on the boat.

Brooke said...

Looks like fun..........bet you were totally wiped out!! I love the pics from the lake..........looks like a blast!