On Tuesday, both of the boys had "mini" field trips. Jacob's class went to the ballpark and played for a large part of the day, and Matthew's class cruised over to the Pizza in Paradise for lunch and games. I spent a little time with Jacob, left and met Matthew for lunch and then went back to the park to spend the rest of the day with Jacob. Both boys had a blast and I was so thankful that since their trips were the same day, they were both in B-ville, so I could be with them both!
Matthew loved this game! He was able to put the quarter in by himself and loved watching the lights flash. Then he would hit the button to make the light stop and he won several tickets that he redeemed for a slinky and some candy cigarettes.
♥I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!♥
Matthew loved this game! He was able to put the quarter in by himself and loved watching the lights flash. Then he would hit the button to make the light stop and he won several tickets that he redeemed for a slinky and some candy cigarettes.
♥I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!♥
Hitting the button to stop the light.
I know this picture is blurry, but I still wanted to include it. If you look in the reflection, you can see me, his teacher and the building and sign.
Jacob's grade had a blast at the park. The teachers had purchased foam bats and balls, beach balls, kick balls, jump ropes, paddle balls and each child had a wand of bubbles. Jacob spent most of his time on the ball field...imagine that!
Taking time out for a drink. The teachers supplied pizza for lunch, along with a soft drink. They also had juice drinks and a bag of chips for the kids for snack.
Trace had as much fun as the older kids did...you would have never known he wasn't part of the class!
I pitched to the kids for a while and then the teachers thought it would be nice to take the kids on the walking trail there at the park. Part of me shuddered at the thoughts of the trail because I actually went down and walked the trail a few times a couple of years ago. I didn't say anything, and went along with the group. Now for those of you who have never walked it...it IS a workout! I was wishing for an oxygen tank and an extra pair of legs by the time I made it half way up the hill!!! Just when I thought I might collapse and have to wait for someone to come haul me away, we hit the downward slope and I was able to use my cruise control for the rest of the walk! Needless to say, Jacob ran off and left me in the dust, but I made it to the finish! Heather, next time Trace doesn't want to go for the walk, I'll be happy to stay at the playground with him!! I don't want you to have to miss out on all the fun!
Jacob playing ball.
As if we hadn't spent enough time at the ball park, Jacob had a game at 7:15 that night. He was tired and went to sleep on the way to the game, but he played well, and was excited that his team won!
Jacob playing on the mound.
Jacob playing on the mound.
I have no idea what this face is for...he's too tired I think! And look at his little teammates hand. Now that's a friend when they'll hold your head up for a picture! (It's either that or the kids gonna mash his windpipe in!) =)
Matthew was NOT going to have his picture made. He got tickled and started shaking his head NO-NO! I got him anyway!!
Look at that sweet face! You can tell he's laughing!! He's got his finger up cause he's been telling me NO!

2 comments:
I had no idea you got those pictures of my boys and Jacob together. I love that!! Jacob must have STAYED on the ball field 'cause I don't think I even seen him except when he was eating lunch:) Judging from every adults face after the walk, Trace and I were the only smart ones! LOVE the first picture of Matthew playing that game!!! You can tell he was having a great time.
Matthew is becoming quite the photogenic little man!!
Sounds like a great field trip both boys had. I bet they both slept good that night.
Post a Comment