I've grown up hearing that expression all my life. Seems like one of my older cousins said it when he was little and it stuck with everyone. I'm sure my mom will be the only one who knows what I'm talking about, but it just seemed like a title that would fit! I'm trying hard not to wish the rain away because I know there will come a time this summer when we'll be needing it! However, I have joked with folks that I expected to see Noah and the ark go floating by anytime! I also wanted to pass along that due to more expected rain this Saturday, my homemakers group has decided to cancel our bake sale in Brownsville. We didn't want to bake a bunch of goodies and not be able to set up due to rain. (I definitely DO NOT need to get stuck with a bunch of unsellable treats...nope, that wouldn't be good!) The sale has been advertised in the Gimlet, so you fine readers and those that are on facebook may be the only ones to know it's cancelled!! Surely people wouldn't come to a bake sale in the rain?!
I will be happy to see the sun shining again! (For more than 1.245 seconds at a time!!) I don't know if anyone else is like me or not, but all the rain and clouds seem to put me in a gloomier mood. I don't even have as much get up and go in me when it's dreary outside, and I need all the get up and go I can get!!! I have some pretty fun weekend plans, and of course Mother's Day is Sunday. Speaking of...I'm off to hunt down some gifts right now. For my mom and my mother-in-law, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get...
Did you really think I was gonna tell??!! Actually, I don't really know what I'm getting them. I'm hoping I will walk into a store, and BAM...the perfect present will appear!! That's very doubtful and I'll probably end up having to go back on Saturday and settle for whatever's left. Just kidding....I always try to put a LITTLE thought into my gift-giving...it just seems like Mother's Day has snuck up on me. Let's see...I can't imagine why...could it be all the rain has left me a little foggy, or surely it's not that I've had a child in the hospital, homework that said child has had to catch up on, ballgames, trips to BG twice a week (that are over for a while now!). No, I'm pretty sure it's the rain :p
4 comments:
I love how your sense of humor comes through in your writing:) I agree about all the rain - we can't even walk in our yard because it's one big puddle!
I think that as of right now Mother's Day is supposed to be nice. My fingers are crossed - I'd like to spend some time outside.
As I'm typing this, the sun is SHINING! It's beautiful. But like you said we'll probably be wanting the rain this summer.
You got your wish! The sun is shining. Mother's Day has snuck up on me too..... can't imagine why I haven't been able to think of anything else the past two weeks. :o)
It's pouring outside right now (4:45am) and I think your right about looking for an ark floating by. My puddle of a yard has turned into a swimming pool that happens to be greatly overflowing onto the sidewalk and blacktop!
Post a Comment