Friday, May 15, 2009

Field Trip, Doctor's Appointment and T-Ball

Jacob had his class field trip today. They first went bowling and what an experience. Three classes of first graders and the sounds of those 50+ children's bowling balls rolling down the lanes was wild. Jacob had a great time, but he says real bowling is a lot harder than Wii bowling!
Thank goodness for gutter guards! =)

Such a cheesy grin!

Gotta love his form! This was one of his first attempts. He got a little better as the game went on.

They had lunch at CiCi's. After getting all the kids in the building while a wash-out shower came through, I volunteered to help the kids get their pizza at the buffet. I have never seen such small children eat so much at one time! They LOVED the brownies and cinnamon rolls!
Here's Jacob enjoying a slice of pizza!

After eating lunch, I took Jacob to his check up at his pediatrician's office. He had gained 1.5 pounds! He just like a half a pound being back up to his baseline of a whopping 54 pounds!! Sooo skinny! His color had perked up just this week and she was pleased with how he looked. I must say that I am relieved with the improvements I've seen.

We ended the day by playing a t-ball game. It rained right up until game time, and then it faired off. Everything was still wet and yucky though. As if my day hadn't been busy enough, tonight was my designated night as dug out mom and snack provider! I really enjoyed being in the dug out with the boys though! The boys won their game and Jacob was SOOOO proud to catch his very first fly ball! He kept saying, "I can't believe it. After all these years, I finally caught a fly ball!" You would have thought he had been playing for 10 years instead of this being his 3rd season! After enjoying subs at Subway, we headed home. I am absolutely zonked, and yet here I am blogging...now that's dedication!!!! Overall, a very tiring day, but loaded with FUN!!!

PS~Tomorrow is prom and my niece is attending! I am her personal make-up artist, so that will be tons of fun!! She is always pretty, but I know she will look extraordinary tomorrow!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Is it me or does Jacob look like he has grow a little taller in the past few weeks?? He definitely looks healthy than a couple of weeks ago. I glad you guys had a good time with the field trip.
Way to go, Jacob!!! Little League Fielder of the Week!

Anonymous said...

"after all these years" what a HOOT!!

Post prom pics!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I was telling Nathan last night about the sound of those bowling balls smashing the floor. Trent really enjoyed it too. He wants me and Nathan to take him back sometime. I'm glad the rest of the afternoon went good for ya too! You were definitely Supermom yesterday!!