Yesterday, Friday, Jason took a day off work so that he could be home with the boys on the last day of their summer break. We didn't do anything during the day other than just stay here at home, but sometimes it's nice just to stay in. Yesterday evening, Jason helped Jeromy do some mowing and we spent some time with Mom, Dad and Mamaw Skaggs. It was nice to be able to laugh so much. Jason spent today mowing, and I got a haircut! When Jason got home, I ran up to our good friend, Heather's, birthday party for a few minutes. I hurried back since I thought we were going to take a boat ride, but the weather ended up putting a damper on that. Instead, my fam of four headed out for a dinner date at Zaxby's, where both of our boys learned about the joy of ZAX sauce! :) Unless something comes up, we are looking forward to a fun day on the lake tomorrow before school starts on Monday!!!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
BOATING FUN
As I posted on Thursday, we went out on the boat that afternoon. Since it was open house at the high school, Christie, Ashlee and Michael couldn't go with us, so it was just me, my guys and my big bubba. It was getting late in the evening by the time we got the boat in the water, but it was the perfect time and weather for a little ride up the lake. Matthew was so excited that when I asked him if he wanted to go out on the boat, he almost got strangled on the watermelon juice he had in his mouth. Needless to say, he enjoyed his time on the boat. Note the boys haircuts...they got their "back to school" cuts today.
We saw a beautiful sunset and I got a few pictures. It was gorgeous!
This is what happens to Matthew on the lake...he gets veerrryyy sleepy :) Of course he has to eat while taking a ride, so this is after he's had a couple of pop tarts.
Jacob drove us almost all the way back to the dock.
Another pretty picture of the sunset we saw.
Captain Jacob
After it began to get dark, Jacob and Uncle Jeromy went on the look out for whompass cats...those are pretty dangerous creatures!
I tell ya, I laughed harder that night than I have in a while...these pictures just don't even do it justice! In this picture, they are certain that a whompass cat has gotten caught in the propeller of the boat and when the engine dies out, all the other cats will jump on the boat.
There's a whompass cat out there and they had to hit the deck! :)
Gotta get down again!!!
It was definitely a fun night! Jacob and Jeromy had a blast and Matthew was so content that he fell asleep while riding along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like a fun boat trip! Thanks for stopping by this evening and for the pretty monogrammed apron...love it!!
Post a Comment