Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday

Since I've been on a blogging spree lately, I figured I might as well do my daily post...but I'm totally out of creative titles! Matthew had a bit of a restless night and I was sure I would be taking him to the doctor today instead of KAP, but thankfully he seemed to be feeling better when he woke up this morning. I was glad that he was able to attend his last day of KAP for the summer session, and I think it was most fun day of all. They took the kiddos to Circus Square Park and let them play in the fountains. Apparently it was a huge hit with all the kids...major sensory activity...and one huge perk is that it is FREE! They said Matthew really liked it, and I'm a little bummed I don't have any pictures of him, so I am considering taking him and Jacob back down there one day this week. I mean, gee...I would LOVE to see Matthew enjoying the water. :)

Jacob took a brief dip in his pool this morning, and it was too cold for him. Then with all the rain we had, he never wanted to get back in. I think he had a pretty fun day playing at Mamaw Skaggs' house with Patrick and Michael though...but I'm not exactly sure how well Mamaw liked all the Guitar Hero noise! :)

This afternoon was Jacob's 3rd grade open house. He said he really wished his daddy could go, so Jason surprised him by going with us. Jacob got to meet his teacher again, (he got to meet her at the end of last year) he saw his desk and put his books away, and found his cubby. Kinda funny, but he is really excited about sitting "right in front of his teacher!" Jason and I told him it made him a prime target for her to reach up and smack his head if he didn't behave! ;) We were totally kidding with him. Jacob is SO shy about going to things like this, that I had to have a talk with him on the way to school about talking to and answering someone when they talked to him. Half the time he stands there like he never heard them, and that really aggravates me. But tonight he did EXCELLENT! I think this will be a wonderful year for him!! After open house, we stopped in Brownsville for a hot dog for Matthew and then we drove over to Smiths Grove to grab dinner for the rest of us. I won't know what to do with myself when I actually have time to cook again! We had the best time just being together, and Matthew and Jason are already sound asleep. Jacob is watching Garfield, and I am just enjoying listening to him laugh! I couldn't tell you the number of times he watched this movie when he was only 2 years old...it was his favorite!! Just the music of the menu screen brings back sweet memories of my precious little boy dancing just like that silly kitty. :)



1 comment:

Heather said...

Nathan and I have said different times tonight that we can't believe we have a third grader! There's just something about "the BIG hall" that makes me feel he's getting too big too quick! I'm sure he'll have a great year with Mrs. Julie. I'll have to check out this Circus Square Park...never been there but hey, if it's free I'm all for it!