Happy 4th of July everyone! We had our celebration a day early, and we had a
BLAST! We met up at Creekside Garden and Nursery and had a huge cookout with more food than you could shake a stick at!! We had ribs...plain and barbecued, chicken...plain and barbecued, and hot dogs for the kiddos, as well as fresh corn on the cob, mac and cheese, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, deviled eggs (which I wasn't too thrilled that Aunt Carlene brought after Jason swallowed a few whole, and enjoyed them way TOO much!), and Aunt Faye's famous bean dish that I don't know what to call it, but that I wasn't exactly tickled she brought either seeing the way Jason devoured those! I tried to convince someone to take Jason home with them, but it wasn't gonna happen! ;o) We had some YUMM-O desserts too...Jacob and I made flag cookies, which the kids completely ate up, and there was a blueberry dessert of some type, personal strawberry and peach pizzas, brownies, and Ashlee's brownies with some type of mixture and strawberries on top that were delish! Can you tell we love to eat???
The kids set up their toys on the back porch and enjoyed playing together, and we all just enjoyed each others company. There's not much I like better than getting together with family and friends on a nice summer evening! Of course there were a few games of cornhole, and lots of laughs to be had! :) The kids (and some grown-ups, who shall go nameless) popped and popped and popped those little poppers that you throw, and the sparklers are always a party favorite! I used to be terrified of those things when I was little! When it was dark enough, the fireworks crew set off the big fireworks and we really enjoyed them! Well, Matthew enjoyed them for a while...and then he turned all lion-ish, and clawed the devil out of my arm!! We watched about 4 other firework displays while we were outside too! Here are some pictures from our night...
The grill master at work...with his trusty sidekicks...and yes, we used all three grills! I must admit, my brother is one of the best grillers I know!!

Michael rockin' his fireworks shirt!

Matthew in his patriotic shirt...and wanting some mac and cheese please!

Me and my boys...love them SO much!

Ashlee

Even sweet Ellie wore her festive shirt!

Matthew is really wanting something else to eat!

Me and Ash

Michael loved the sparklers!!

Jacob was doing some kind of dance with his! And then he was the last fire bender!! :)

Leslie and Ashlee "sparkling"

Matthew watching fireworks

It is SO hard to take pics of the fireworks with Mom's camera!
2 comments:
Love all the festive shirts!! Great pics of the fireworks.
The shirts are really cute! Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment