This afternoon we decided to head down to the beach for a bit. We wanted to wait until it got a little bit later in the evening, and we got there around 5:30. Right there in plain sight and in big letters was a sign announcing the hours and closing time was 6:00! I was a bit unsure how they enforced a time limit on the open beach with no gates or such, and didn't really understand why there was a open and closing time when there was no life guard on duty, but woe be it unto me to be a rule breaker! :) Since we would only have thirty minutes, we decided it wasn't worth trying to get Matthew into the water for such a short time, so I took Jacob swimming and Jason and Matthew drove around for a bit. Jacob had a BLAST! There was a little boy there that knew Jacob from school, and the first words out of his mouth after "Hi Jacob," was, "Why do you have that shirt on?" I don't think Jacob even dignified it with a response, but it wouldn't have bothered me in the least if he'd said, "Cause we don't believe in going around half naked!" Jiminy Christmas...what are people thinking??? Surely to goodness and mercy they do not own a mirror! I think it should be mandatory that all swimsuits come with a FREE full-length mirror! Listen ladies, if the strings on your bikini are disappearing into your fat rolls, you
might need to consider getting a bigger one! UGHHHHH!!!!! Wonder what that kid would have thought if I'd went into the water fully clothed...like I always do when I go swimming??? Everyone to their own right, but Jason and I do not swim in regular swim wear...I wear capris and a t-shirt and he wears his pants and shirt. Yep, we look like idiots, but I feel better knowing that no one is seeing me in nothing more than underwear. Seriously, if I wouldn't want to be seen walking down the mall in it, I'm not going to wear it swimming either. (And NO, I still wouldn't...even if I wasn't fat!) Jason is an ordained deacon of our church and I feel I owe him, my church, and God more respect than to be seen half naked in public. My boys wear very modest swimming trunks and shirts. Jacob doesn't like wearing shorts, and won't wear them any other time, and he will not go without a shirt. I'm thankful that he's as modest as he is...cause Matthew wouldn't care a bit to streak across the beach! :)
I took a few pictures with my phone while we were there, and am a bit surprised they turned out as well as they did...(This is my first time to upload any pics from it.)




Jacob really did love it, and I hope to be able to take him back soon, when we can spend more time there. He wasn't too disappointed though, after he found out we were going to visit some friends for cornhole. The kiddos played together while the adults played cornhole, and then the guys had a basketball game...oldies versus the young boys...The old guys pulled out the win tonight, but I'm betting they will all be on the losing end in the morning when it comes time to get out of bed!! :)
There is a very busy week ahead of us...and to just think, one week from tonight, there will be all of those back-to-school butterflies before going to bed!! (Yep, I still get them too!)

2 comments:
Preach on sista girl!! So true, and I always wonder why they make the "string" kind passed a certain size!! Anyways, glad you guys had a good time!
Amen!!!! And what's so bad...it's not just at the beach! You can go to the zoo, amusement park, or even Wal-Mart and be embarrassed for your kids to see the lack of clothing on people. Well, my kids don't swim without a shirt either AND I get in with my capri's and shirt on also! And yes, there are some funny looks sometimes BUT I figure that's not as bad as some of the looks they may be getting at almost naked. Not to mention, I can lay down at night and not be afraid of who might have seen me. Glad you all had fun...call me sometime and we could go together. My boys love it down there.
Post a Comment