Monday, July 26, 2010

Pool Fun!

Since the boys will be heading back to school ONE WEEK from today.. :( ...I want to make the next few days fun for them. Matthew had KAP today, and he actually seemed like he wanted to go. (It could have something to do with me mentioning that he would get to watch wrestling clips, and that he was excited to put on his wrestling shirt. HA...he picked out a wrestling shirt to wear to bed last night and was NOT going to give in until I put it on him! Alas, he wore a different one to college today! :) I told Jacob last night that I would try to take him to the water park today, and had full intentions of it when we left the house this morning with swimming gear in tow. However, since Ashlee couldn't go with us, I was a bit leary of taking him by myself since I did not plan to get in the water with him, and I didn't want him in the water by himself. I gave him the choice of either going on to the water park, OR, buying a pool to take back to the greenhouse and playing there. I was ever so happy that he chose the second option, but I would have taken him to the park if he'd have picked that since I already told him I would and didn't want to go back on my word. We headed to Wal-mart only to find they were completely sold out of any type of pool! I told him we would check at Target and he said if they didn't have them, we were going to the water park! I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact I was going to be sultering in the sun until I thought to check in the sporting goods instead of the toy section. Praise be, we found a suitable pool, and we headed off to the greenhouse! I really don't think Jacob would have had any more fun at the water park than he did with his thirty dollar pool today! And the good part, he gets to go back tomorrow to play again....and I think I'm gonna take extra clothes and play with him! :) I snapped a few pics with my phone again, and had a little fun with some photo editing.




Matthew's last day of KAP for the summer session is tomorrow, and I'm hoping he's feeling well enough to go. He was worn out when I picked him up today. (They had been to the park to play.) He seems to have a lot of drainage, and I'm hoping it is just an allergy thing and clears up soon.
On another note...our church is celebrating it's 100th year this year, and in commemoration, we have made a cookbook. The cookbook is a hardback three-ring binder, with over 800 recipes! It is a VERY nice book for only $15.00! Most members of the church are selling the books, but we have some at Creekside Garden and Nursery for anyone who would like to purchase one.
Please forgive any spelling errors as blogger's spell check is not cooperating! :)



1 comment:

Heather said...

You just can't beat that deal! At least this way, he gets to use it over and over. You will all have fun with the pool!