Sunday, August 1, 2010

T'was the Day Before School Starts

Today was the perfect ending to our summer break!! After Sunday School, we met my brother and his family for a day at the lake. We had an absolute BLAST! I don't think we could have done anything that Jacob would have enjoyed anymore, and Matthew loved it too! Almost everyone took a turn in the tube...even MATTHEW!...and ME!!...and we swam for a bit. Matthew's favorite part was eating, of course. Through our time there, I know he devoured two pieces of pizza, two poptarts, a can of viennas, a fancy cake and some grapes! :) We certainly gave our summer break a huge Hoo-Rah sendoff! We had to make Jacob get out of the tube so others could ride, but when someone else wasn't on, he was. He ended up riding it all the way back to the dock. He was quite the dare-devil standing up with no hands, etc. I took lots of pictures and have included some of my favorites...
Jacob tubing with Uncle Jeromy
Matthew tubing with Uncle Jeromy. Last year when he tubed, he really seemed to like it; this time he really didn't show much emotion or enthusiasm, but at least he had the opportunity to try it out.Ashlee and Jacob
If anyone wanted a riding buddy, Jacob was there for them. :)

These two were the most hilarious! They were so funny to watch; and it was funny to see what could be done to dump them out!
Here I am in my tubing debut! Yes, I took Jacob with me as a buffer...sad, I know. But, I have a real fear of going under water in the lake and while I asked to not be thrown out, I knew I would stand a better shot with Jacob in there with me...even though Andrew and Jason were both thrown out while riding with Jacob, and he managed to stay in the whole time!
Michael didn't go tubing, but he did swim. Michael always livens up any party! I love him to bits!
Jacob was all about swimming this time! He couldn't wait to get in the water! Ha...I even swam for a little bit, but got tired of fighting with my life jacket. The water was SO warm and nice!
The dare devil in action.
There are no words...


That last picture just about sums it up for all of us! We came home and got baths over with, and two little boys went to bed by their bedtime! We have new backpacks loaded up with school supplies and ready, the first day outfits have been picked and laid out, new shoes are waiting for little feet, and I am still trying to figure out where our summer has went to! Beyond that, it has really hit me in the last couple of days just how big my boys are getting. Matthew could have gone on to the middle school this year, but as I have posted before, I chose to leave him with Ms. Barbara and Ms. Carol another year, and Jacob moves over to the "big hall" this time. Looking at him today, he just seems older to me...of course, he says he's a man now, so I guess he should seem older :) Even though I know they are getting older...they will always be my babies!



1 comment:

Staffanne said...

I can't believe summer is over, and here we go again! I love spending time on the lake and all the fun it has to offer. Hope your sweet boys have a great school year! XOXOXO