We're off to a new start! I had one eager beaver jump out of the bed to the sound of his alarm clock yesterday morning. He had a breakfast of Cocoa Puffs, brushed his teeth, donned his new duds and shoes, (fed and played with Toby for a bit!), grabbed his new backpack and headed out the door to begin third grade! I had another little beaver who wasn't near as eager! He did NOT want to put on his new duds, even though I never mentioned to him where we were going, didn't want to carry his new backpack, and he was a bit of a grouch all the way to school. Once inside however, he was in a better mood and kissed me as if to tell me to hit the door! His teachers reported that he did great, and he ate his pizza at lunch without so much as a fuss!!!!!!!!!! (Not a big deal to most people, but I'm super-stoked that Matthew is adding to his food groups! Previously, if he had seen pizza on his lunch tray, he would have had a fit...but, he has been eating pizza readily whenever we have it at home, so I figured if he would eat it here, he would eat it there....and it's one less day for him to have to pack a lunch, which seems like we do almost every day.)
I asked Jacob on the way to school if he had butterflies in his tummy. He looked at me and asked me what I meant. I told him that sometimes when you are excited about something, it feels like you have butterflies flitting around in your stomach. He replied, "Then I must have two butterflies because I am excited about two things. One is getting to see my teacher again, and two is that I get to sit right in front of her." I think it's safe to say he is super glad to have Mrs. Julie for a teacher this year! :) He mentioned a third thing, but I think he got absorbed in his DS game before ever telling me what it was. Daddy picked Jacob up from school and Jacob reported he had a good day. He was telling me about his classmates and some of the things they did...and he was a bit concerned that they only had one recess! I told him that since it was a half-day, they didn't have time for their second one. :)
In keeping with tradition, Jason and I took the boys to Cracker Barrel for a beginning of the year celebration dinner. (Remember that I have mentioned before that we will use any and all excuses to go to Cracker Barrel?!) Afterward, we visited a bit with Grandma, who had to have a biopsy done on the top of her head. She went to her regularly scheduled dermatology appointment yesterday, and she told him that I had seen a place on the very top of her head that looked suspicious. He asked her how in the world I had seen it, which I did when I was fixing her hair for her one day. (And I kept on to her about getting seen...Ahem!) Rightfully so, as he told her to tell me I was good! Unfortunately, he thought it looked suspicious too, and he took a biopsy and had to put in two stitches...which I get the pleasure of removing in two weeks...yes, I think I will take a series of pictures, which I hope does not include either one of us passed out! I always to take her to her derm. appointments just in case he ever has to do anything, but since I had to take the boys to school, I couldn't go...that left Mom driving home by herself while applying pressure to the top of her head with gauze. I do pray that the biopsy turns out to be nothing.
We got home before 7:00, and getting out of the car, Jacob said he guessed he better go on to bed! :) I told him it wasn't his bedtime yet, so we watched a movie and Bubba did fall asleep almost immediately after getting his bath...school just wears him out! :) Now we'll see how he handles a full day. I'm looking forward to a GREAT year for both of my boys!
***Also, I can hardly believe that my sweet niece had her LAST first day of school yesterday!! Yep, Ashlee is a SENIOR!! Man, that makes me feel way old! I hope she enjoys every minute of being big dog on campus! :) AND...if that's not bad enough...Michael is now a FRESHMAN! Where in the world have my little babies went too??? Well, I know for sure that Michael has grown into a young man who stands taller than myself! WOW! Even Jacob could hardly believe it when I told him Michael was a freshman. He said, "WHAT??? Michael is in high school now???" Man, I really think we need a slow motion button to push! :)
Here's a few pictures to enjoy...
Here's Matthew with his "grumpy face"!

One of my favorite things about going back to school when I was younger was getting new clothes, shoes, and supplies! (New shoes was probably my fav!) I love getting the boys a new backpack every year...I'm sure it in some way correlates to my love of diaper bags when they were little! :) We were SOOO excited that Jacob could have his choice of backpack this year since Kyrock did away with the clear/mesh policy!




Just gotta love sweet little faces at Cracker Barrel! :) 

***I am happy to report that the second day of school (first full day) went well for both boys! Jacob wasn't quite as "eager" to get ready this morning, but bad at all. Matthew actually did a little better this morning, and even though he got mad when we turned in at school, he got out of the car with no objections! Whoo-hoo...let's hope it continues! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment