It is SO hard to believe that the last eight years have flown by so quickly! In a way, it seems like only a year or so ago that we were making our mad dash to the hospital early on a Sunday morning! Jacob made one hasty arrival, and has been filling our lives with joy, laughter and love ever since! Jacob is ALL boy, and I am so proud of the young man he is growing into. He came into our lives during a time when we had been through much sadness after suffering several losses, and he has continued to make our days bright and sunny. Some of his stories are the funniest ever.
Jacob wore his birthday shirt that I made for him to school today, and I took in some fresh, home baked cookies and juice drinks for him and his classmates to enjoy. After school, we took him to the restaurant of his choice and I was over-joyed that he picked Cracker Barrel!!
I just knew I was gonna be looking at a Big Mac, but he said he wanted to go to Cracker Barrel as long as I would NOT let them sing to him! My boy is all about NOT getting embarrassed! Honey, if it means Momma gets to eat at Cracker Barrel, consider my lips sealed! :) I did hear Jacob say that this had been his best birthday ever! We usually get him a little something to open on his actual birthday, but instead I let him pick something from the Cracker Barrel store. Of course his choice was a new Webkinz puppy that looks like Bobo...which is what he named him. He also got in his book order from school yesterday that I had told him would be part of his gift as well. He is loving the new 3-D books! We are all eagerly awaiting his party this weekend though!!
As I did for Matthew's last birthday, I will write a few words to my youngest little guy, so that one day he may look back over this and get an inkling of an idea of just how much he means to me.
My Dearest Jacob, Wow...You are EIGHT years old today! I still remember the very first moment that I saw you, and how I instantly knew you were the perfect new addition to our family!
You, along with your older brother, were the cutest little babies I ever laid eyes on, and I think you are turning into one dashingly handsome young man. Even though you DO NOT want to discuss ever having a girlfriend, and even told me once just this week that you were not gonna get a wife, I'm pretty sure you will have plenty of little gals wanting to be your "girl". Jacob, you have filled our home with so much joy and happiness. You never fail to bring a smile to my face, and we share many laughs throughout most every day! Your stories are the greatest and I honestly never know what you'll be telling next. You are just one of the greatest little boys ever! I know that I ask a lot of you, and rely on your help more than a little guy of eight should be expected to do, and I can not thank you enough. The times that I have to ask you to block the door just so I can go potty, seems like a pretty simple thing, but no one understands our life quite like we do. You are an amazing brother to your Bubba, and love him beyond words....which sometimes, words just aren't necessary. You get so excited when he learns something new, and I can see the love you have for him in your face. Please, never have resentment for having a brother with special needs, but instead, look beyond the things that may bring difficulties, and embrace all that Matthew needs you to be.
Again, thank you sweet boy, for being the best little brother on earth....I am SO grateful for all you do to help me, and I want everyone to know it!
You, along with your older brother, were the cutest little babies I ever laid eyes on, and I think you are turning into one dashingly handsome young man. Even though you DO NOT want to discuss ever having a girlfriend, and even told me once just this week that you were not gonna get a wife, I'm pretty sure you will have plenty of little gals wanting to be your "girl". Jacob, you have filled our home with so much joy and happiness. You never fail to bring a smile to my face, and we share many laughs throughout most every day! Your stories are the greatest and I honestly never know what you'll be telling next. You are just one of the greatest little boys ever! I know that I ask a lot of you, and rely on your help more than a little guy of eight should be expected to do, and I can not thank you enough. The times that I have to ask you to block the door just so I can go potty, seems like a pretty simple thing, but no one understands our life quite like we do. You are an amazing brother to your Bubba, and love him beyond words....which sometimes, words just aren't necessary. You get so excited when he learns something new, and I can see the love you have for him in your face. Please, never have resentment for having a brother with special needs, but instead, look beyond the things that may bring difficulties, and embrace all that Matthew needs you to be.
Again, thank you sweet boy, for being the best little brother on earth....I am SO grateful for all you do to help me, and I want everyone to know it!
These past eight years have been filled with so much fun, laughter, joy and happiness. Seeing you grow and change has been remarkable, and I just can't even put into words how much you are loved! I know I speak for Daddy and Bubba as well when I say, Happy Birthday to our Sweet Jacob!! We love you SOOOOOOOOOOO much!
With all my love,
Momma♥

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jacob!! Your letter to him was so sweet! You are an amazing Mommy!
Happy Birthday Jacob!! We love you!
Post a Comment