The boys did really well with their first week of school! Jacob was ready to go every morning, and Matthew really did better than I expected him to. Some mornings were easier than others, but he usually does pretty well after he actually gets to school. Jacob will be starting into his lessons this week, and I must say, I think I worry more about his grades than he does! When reading over the exit criteria for the third grade, I actually had a knot in my stomach, but I'm sure he will do fine. He couldn't be happier with his teacher, and he is so excited that he has already made a new friend. Haha...today, or I guess it's yesterday by now, he told someone that he liked three things about school...both recesses and PE. He is totally ALL boy! :)
On Friday, I went to the hospital to get a little cuddle time with baby Garrison, and oh my, is he ever precious! Then I went with Mom to the doctor for her surgery to remove the surrounding tissue from around the biopsy site on her scalp. The doctor seemed very confident that she would be just fine when they removed all cancerous tissue. For now the site remains open, pending the pathology results. If it comes back that all diseased tissue has been removed, he will go ahead and close the wound. If not, he will have to take more of the area. We visited with her a while yesterday and I am surprised that she isn't really having much pain. The hardest thing for her is having to not do anything! I think her back is hurting from where she is just having to sit, more than her head is. I am taking her back to the doctor today to have her bandage changed, and we are hoping to hear back from the report by Tuesday.
Yesterday consisted of Sunday School, a quick trip to Walmart, a tiny bit of holding Baby Garrison...only because his Mommy had needed us to pick up something, but I was NOT going to NOT see the baby of course!...swimming with friends for Jason and Jacob, and some visiting with Grandma and Grandpa to see how she was doing. Today starts another week of school, and since Mom may not be allowed to do anything for a few more days, I'm thinking about taking a whirl with the sewing machine. It will probably consist of me sitting there looking at it and wondering what in the world I'm supposed to do. Oh well, I'm just happy I know how to thread the blasted thing...

1 comment:
I heard Jason and Jacob were swimming yesterday. Hope all goes well with the dr.
Post a Comment