Thursday, August 19, 2010

Where to Start???

AHHH....I've got so much to document, and I know I'm gonna bore y'all to death, but again, there is little red "X" up there in the corner if you feel yourself start to nod off. :)



The last post that I made on here was actually made while I was spending the night with Mom and Dad on Friday night. Since Mom was having so much pain, and the doc was changing her pain meds, I was afraid she might get sick (and if so, I had this terrible fear of something happening to the "really big" incision on her head.), so I left the boys with Jason at home and played nurse to my momma. How ironic though...Mom did well through the night and I left early on Saturday morning, and THEN she was sick ALL day that day! She still hasn't gotten her appetite back, and has lost 15 pounds as a result...definitely NOT the way any of us want to lose weight! Her face has been 'really' swollen, but it is going down significantly now, and Mom is starting to look more like herself. She is beginning to get to eat a little more, so I'm hoping she starts gaining more strength in the coming days. People have been so kind and generous, from calling, coming to visit, and bringing dinner...but most importantly, I know she has been remembered in MANY people's prayers. I took her back to the doctor on Monday, and they asked for me to come back to her room and showed me her incision after taking her bandage off for good. WOW is about all I have to say about that. They told her she could wash her hair that night and showed me how to help clean around the wound. (I'm a little happy to report that she was too big a chicken to let me touch it, so she washed it herself while I stood by all tensed up just waiting for her to pass out or be sick. She did well with it though, and it sure made her feel better to get her hair washed.) They also showed me pictures of what her head looked like as they did her closure, and WOWOWOW is about all I can say to that.



I came home on Saturday morning to a haggard looking Jason unlocking the door. Needless to say, there was a bit of grouchiness too, as he said he hadn't had a real good night. Upon my asking why, he said that Matthew had been up for a good portion of the morning...trying to get to the kitchen of course...and I said, "Okay, welcome to my every night world." Matthew is not awake for long stretches every single night, but there is a good chance that I will have to catch him at least once while making his "kitchen get-away". And...I try to handle most situations with as much grace as I can, but apparently I am not always successful...for those times, I apologize. Perhaps I will detail that a little more in the future....but, for now I will say, lack of sleep will eventually catch up with all of us from time to time.



Now on to more joyful things....my sweet boys. :) MATTHEW TRAVIS...I had his meeting at school on Tuesday, and it is SO wonderful being able to leave him where so many people love him! His class size is SUPER small, so he gets A LOT of Ms. Barbara and Mrs. Carol's attention, which he loves! We are working on ways to get him to be a little more cooperative, and I think we may be on the right track...at least at getting him in the building of a morning. I told him this morning that if he would get out of the car all by himself and walk to the door all by himself, that he would have a treat, "candy", on his desk. With a little verbal prompting, he got out of the car, walked to the door and into the classroom (while carrying his own backpack) ALL BY HIMSELF!! Oh I know, y'all are probably thinking this is such a small thing, but OH CONTRARE my friend!!! If any of y'all happen to be passing by the 5/6 Center of a morning and see Matthew and I fighting all the way to the door...usually as it looks like I'm dragging him along while trying to keep him from pinching me or laying down on the blacktop....you would definitely know how BIG of a deal it is for him to walk (without pinching) all the way, by himself! There is no need to post comments if you have happened to see us! :)



As for JACOB NATHANIEL...he really seems to be enjoying third grade and is eagerly awaiting his upcoming birthday. :) He was SO proud on Monday night, as he finished a chapter book in three days time...with half of it being read Monday evening. It was wonderful to see him pick up his book instead of his DS...and of his own choosing! I really enjoy listening to him read...there's just something special about watching your child learn to read! He made 110% on his spelling test again today, and we're just keeping our fingers crossed that he made a decent grade on his big science test! Ha...have I ever mentioned I am a bit more obsessive over grades than him??? I hope I don't give him a complex! We studied "our" hearts out, and I can now tell you the difference between vascular and non vascular plants and vertebrates and invertebrates...as well as classify reptiles, mammals and the like! :) They are also doing a neat little thing to help them learn their multiplication facts...something I HATED doing in school. Honestly, I don't know them all myself! They are doing banana split multiplication in which they have a diagram of a decked out banana split. For each group of multiplication facts they can master on a timed test, they can color one assigned part of their banana split. So far, Jacob has colored his BOWL (for his 0's and 1's), his ice cream scoops (for his 10's), and his chocolate topping (for his 11's). He barely missed his 2's today by only three problems when time ran out. :) Hey, don't look at this as me bragging on my boys....since I am WAY behind on filling out their baby books and scrapbooks, this is my way of taking notes...and letting everyone know just how proud I am of them BOTH!! ;)


Now for something totally off the wall...Jason was off today for his great uncle's funeral, and afterward we went into the store up here by our house to get a drink and candy bar before going to pick up the boys. The gal in there said it was odd to see us together! HA!! Of course I made some kind of wise crack about trying not to be seen with him, but when we were getting in the car, I told him I guessed it did look odd to them, as I couldn't (and still can't) remember when we were in there together! I guess it was "pre-kids" since afterward it became much more convenient for one of us to go while the other stayed with the little ones. Funnier still...we pulled up to pick up Jacob at school, with me driving, and the principal sees Jason in the car and tells me that I would let anything ride with me. :) Poor pookie...everybody's always pickin' on him!



Finishing up, Tuesday night marked the beginning of what we hope to be a positive choice for our little family. It's not a surprise, but I haven't discussed with Jason about posting it here, so until I get his okay, I will just say we have all hopes that it will turn out wonderfully. Guess you're wondering why I would mention it and then not divulge any more info, but again, it's all in the documentation...one day I may need to look back to see when this or that took place. I promise...it's nothing "that" exciting! ;)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just for the record, I was not bored at all reading that! Not to mention, the ending was like a really good movie that ends with "To Be Continued...." and you have to wait for the sequel to come out before you have any piece of mind. I'm all excited about your last paragraph and don't even know what it is! The suspense is going to kill me!