Monday, October 12, 2009

Return to School

Today was the dreaded return to school after Fall Break :/ I thought we were pretty well prepared until Matthew decided to wake up around 3:15-ish and did not to go back to sleep until around 5:00...needless to say, I dozed off with him, and yep, you guessed it...overslept! Of all the days to oversleep...the first day back to school! I still managed to drop both boys off ON time, but I hate having to rush around to get everyone ready and out the door!! It just makes you feel like your day got off on the wrong foot. Hopefully we will be ahead of time tomorrow :) *Hopefully Matthew will sleep all night with no interruptions!*He did the same thing Saturday night into Sunday morning, so I increased his medicine like I was instructed, but it must not have worked.* I was terribly afraid that Matthew would have a horrible time adjusting to school hours again, but he actually giggled and smiled when we got to school this morning. They said he had a really good day and worked very hard...he even did all of his work for his speech therapist...you know, the same person he laid down in the floor on and shook his fist at a few weeks ago! That boy sure has a stubborn streak...don't know where that comes from...but it gets him what he wants a little more often than it should! ;)

Jacob was ready to go back today as well. His teacher was ever so wonderful as to supply each child with a bottle of water today so they would not have to use the water fountain and hopefully will not pick up as many germies! She said we may send in a bottle each day for the same reason...sounds like a great plan to me! I've still got to check on getting him a flu vaccine...hopefully of the mist variety, but we'll see! Knowing Jacob, he'll have as hard a time taking it up the snoot as he would in his arm, even though it is painless :p

I have worked around the house today, trying to regain control after the boys have been home 24/7 for two weeks! I am ever so proud that I FINALLY hung up my fall wreath today...seeing that it won't be that much longer until I'm hanging a Christmas one, I guess that's a good thing! I made my wreath a couple of years ago and I love it! To mark the season even further, I made my first pot of HOMEMADE chili for the season tonight...complete with HOMEMADE pimento cheese sandwiches...YUMM-O!!! Guess what that means...(no, I'm not referring to any gastro-intestinal discomforts it may cause!)...I get to have pimento cheese for lunch tomorrow and we're gonna have chili dogs for supper tomorrow night :) How's that for meal-stacking!!

Matthew starts back to WKU tomorrow, and I hope he transitions into that as well as he did going back to school this morning. Hope you all have a happy week :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate running late too! I'd just assume crawl back into bed than to feel that way. Chili looks yummy! I love chili dogs the next day!

Heather said...

Considering you were coming by my house this morning the same time I was leaving...you were probably running late like we were:o) I love the water idea too.

Nan said...

Heather, I usually can tell if I'm running late by seeing if you're still at home...if you're already gone, I know that either you are working or I'm late since I have to leave earlier than you to get Matthew to school on time :) I forgot to pack Matthew's lunch this morning or we'd have been remarkably on time...at least we weren't as behind as yesterday...now I guess I'll have to see how well I can do tomorrow!