Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I have come to the conclusion that Halloween should always be on a Saturday! It has been so pleasant to enjoy the day instead of running like mad to get everything done in a days time. We started the morning off by enjoying some festive orange pancakes. They weren't flavored; I just used food coloring to tint the batter. We've enjoyed Halloween shows on television and then I got the boys all fixed up to go trick-or-treating. Here they are getting ready to head out!
Ever since Matthew has been born, we have traveled all over the county so that our families could see him. We usually start off in Chalybeate, but we actually stopped in Lindseyville first this year and then headed on to Chalybeate. By the time we were on our way back to our next of the woods, Matthew's make-up and hair coloring were not fairing so well. This is what happens when Herman gets a little ill. Note the black on his hands...it's not supposed to be there...it's supposed to be on his head!
Herman's not looking too good here! We couldn't even get him out anywhere because he had so much paint on his hands! After we stopped at a couple of houses in our area, we ended up taking him home and giving him a bath. After that, we were able to get him out and he used his Go Talk to trick-or-treat!!! He still does not like the stopping and starting. He thinks he's supposed to visit a while instead of just getting a treat. However, on our next to last stop, our sweet sweet friend had gotten him a huge carton of Goldfish crackers. He took the BIG box, turned and started to leave! He was one happy camper with that loot!!! We ended up the night at Mamaw Shela's and were able to visit with her, Uncle, Tiffany and poor Jax. Jacob just about wears him out!! Matthew zonked out while we were there and I'm still waiting on Jacob to come down off of his sugar high. He has gotten a terribly stuffy nose since we got home (HONESTLY!!!), so I gave him some dimetapp a bit ago. I have a horrible headache and with the help of some tylenol, I'm hoping it soon passes.

Lastly, here are our jack-o-lanterns for this year. I completely forgot to carve them earlier, so I had to do it inside today. I thought about taking an easier way out, but I am just a stickler for tradition. To me, a pumpkin just doesn't become a jack-o-lantern unless it is carved! Since it was an inside project, Matthew didn't help this time, and Jacob wasn't about to put his hands inside the pumpkin! Jacob did design the face of the one on the right all by himself!
I hope you all have had a wonderful Halloween, and don't forget to set your clocks back tonight!


2 comments:

Heather said...

For some reason it is not telling me when you update your blog. It still says your last post was over a week ago...but I knew better than that. I knew you would have those boys pictures on here. Let me just say...I LOVE their outfits. Wish I could've seen you guys last night. The boys liked Jax too...can't say the same for the big dogs outside though. I had to carry Trace:o) Great job on the jack-o-lanterns!!

Jenni said...

I with on the Saturday Halloween idea. Some of us were talking about it Saturday night. It made the day much more enjoyable.