This has been one busy week! I have made a total of five trips to Bowling Green in the last four days, and my gas tank is worn out right along with me. On Monday, Matthew went back to his pediatrician to have his ears re-checked, and thankfully they were all better :) We also had his braces checked at the orthotics office and then we spent the rest of the day together. Tuesday, Mom and I headed out to find patterns and material for Matthew and Michael's Halloween costumes and some accessory pieces we needed to make for Jacob's. (That was the one trip I didn't drive!) Of course, I picked Matthew up from school and turned right around and took him to WKU for class. He did wonderfully at speech!!! He is really getting the hang of the Go-Talk and is understanding that he has to use a little strength to push down on the buttons...he actually did this independently several times...very exciting! Of course, his clinician is using wrestling clips on the internet and his wrestling magazine as his motivating factors, but hey, it's working!! On Wednesday, Jacob and I had to head out to BG and we got to spend some quality time together...we both enjoyed looking around at Toys R Us and getting some Christmas ideas as a bonus stop! Yesterday was another college day for Matthew and it didn't go as well as Tuesday. He was in a crabby mood anyway, but then the laptop didn't work, meaning he couldn't watch his wrestling clips and that threw him, and his schedule, all out of whack! It didn't help any that he had been wanting to watch the clips since the beginning of the session. He tried to be patient, but when they had to give up, he was a little mad! He did finish with his wrestling magazine, and made some other great choices as well. At one point he (independently) pushed the button for goldfish cracker, as well as signed and said cracker...that is the objective!! Of course, cracker is a word and sign he has known and used for a long time, but seeing him put it all together with the Go-Talk was encouraging.
We are looking forward to Halloween next week!! Mom has all but finished Matthew's costume and I think he will look awesome!!! For those of you who don't know already, I'll leave you in suspense as to what the boys are going to be...I will say that Matthew is going as one of his FAVORITE characters from TV, and Jacob is going as something "scary"! I suggested some costume ideas and he said he was not going dressed like that...to quote, "Halloween is for something scary!" Yes, that came from the same child who told me this the other day: "We get to listen to Halloween music while we walk in PE. When that first song came on, I screamed like a little girl and started running like there was no tomorrow!" I thought I would laugh till I fell out of my chair!! ;) That kid is a hoot...and I have to thank Ms. Lori since some certain little fellow doesn't want to go to other rooms of the house alone! I thought for sure it was because of the "ghost with the one black eye", but Jacob assured me yesterday when I questioned why it took him so long to go get something out of the car that is was that first song he was thinking about...something about a kid in a graveyard and a monster comes out of the grave and kills them??? That's Jacob's interpretation anyway...I'm wondering if it's the Monster Mash, but who knows with my "screaming little girl"!!! I told him that stuff wasn't real and he was going to have to not think about it and his reply was, "Halloween is a scary time, Mom." I halfway expect him to be afraid of himself next week! :)
We've got lots to look forward to prior to the big fright night as well! Right now my plan is to take the boys to the Family Fun Festival at the CEC tomorrow. They are supposed to have things indoor as well as out, so I thought we would run down for a bit to check it out. Tomorrow night, we are having our family bonfire and hayride! This will make the third year we've done it, and the kids (and adults) have so much fun!! We have tons of yummy food and we all enjoy riding on the wagon...snuggled under lots of quilts and blankets! Poor Matthew zonked out before the hayride last year, so maybe he'll hold out a little longer this time! Also, next week is red ribbon week, so that means lots of fun days for the kiddos...and lots of photo opportunities for us mommas :) We've already received Jacob's schedule of daily events, but I don't have Matthew's yet. Both of the boys favorite day by far is "pajama day"! Can't say I blame them...that would be my favorite too!! I should have PLENTY of pictures to post in the coming days :)

1 comment:
I have to work two days next week but not PJ day (so far). Too bad, cause I think I would love to wear my pj's to work!! Sounds like lots of fun stuff to do next week. By the way, if your going back to Bowling Green...I have a LONG list!! Just kidding:o)
Post a Comment