While Matthew was finishing his hot dog, we walked on over to the inflatables they had set up. Jacob got in one and Matthew took his shoes off and pointed to one. I could not believe he chose that over his hot dog, but I went ahead and took him to the castle so he could get inside for a few minutes. He no more than got in until he was ready to get back out. I did managed to get a couple of pictures BEFORE his nose started bleeding!!! Poor guy! It was dripping out all over the inflatable and I had nothing to clamp his nose with or to get the blood off of the inflatable. I had to ask someone to go for paper towels and different people tried to help. I managed to clean the most off of the inflatable so I didn't have to drag him through it all and got him back in his stroller. I cleaned him the best I could and we had to go in to the bathroom to finish. By this time his nose was bleeding again. UGH! I cleaned him up and we decided to go ahead and leave before it started again.
As we were going out, we stopped to let Jacob have a pony ride. It was such a wonderful little horse and Jacob could almost get on and off all by himself! (It wasn't a miniature like his pony, Patches.) I thought it was funny that the kids leading the horse were smaller than Jacob!!
Yesterday afternoon, we met up at Mamaw Skaggs' for our 3rd Annual bonfire and hayride. Several of the family were there and was there ever some yummy food!! Soups and chilis, all types of queso dip, mummies made by me (other wise known as pigs in a blanket), caramel apples, and other treats! Several enjoyed some games of cornhole and it was actually turned out to be a nice afternoon to be out! Here's a few of the clan around the fire.
Poor Matthew!! True to form, he couldn't hold out for the hayride! He climbed up in my lap and went sound to sleep. I love pictures of sleeping kiddos♥
At dark, we headed off on our hayride. The tractor hadn't started and Jacob was already screaming...silly boy!
We drove right smack through the middle of a haunted barn! ;)
Look out Dad, he's right behind you!!!! There was a pumpkin with a light inside that Jeromy had rigged to swing down when he pulled a rope on the way through and that did elicit some screams from the young AND old!! Of course I missed it because I was trying to take pictures of things we'd already passed!
Even the woods were haunted! Actually, we circled back through the barn a second time, and Andrew had gotten off the back of the wagon and came up behind me and Christie. We could hear someone coming, but we still screamed. I thought for sure I had broken the CD player when my knee landed on it while getting away from him...it eventually started playing again :)
I know they both blinked, but I had to post this picture. Have you ever seen anyone look so much alike??? The funny thing is, I've always thought Michael was the spitting image of Jeromy when he was little.

2 comments:
Wow...what a day!! It sure looks like you all had a great time:o)
Looks like so much fun! There is nothing better than family time. Congrats to Matthew and Jacob for the great grades too!!
Post a Comment