Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Camping Photos & Fall Break Fun

Wow! I can't believe it's already Wednesday night of Fall Break! Time sure does fly by when you're having fun :) Monday was a very busy day for Matthew and myself. We dropped Jacob off at Mamaw's house to stay with everyone there and Matthew and I headed off to Bowling Green. Our first stop was to see Dr. Stewart. On Sunday night, Matthew was running a very low grade fever, but even low grade is rare for him. One of his ears was infected and he got an antibiotic to help clear it up. He still had a horrible sounding cough, but his lungs sounded clear, which was a welcome relief. The cough is most likely due to left over drainage and we're hoping the antibiotic will help clear up some of the congestion as well. After leaving her office, we headed upstairs to see the neurologist for a check-up. Matthew will continue on his current medication and he also gave us a script for another medicine to add at night to try and help him sleep longer at a time. After leaving there, we headed out to the orthotics office to pick up Matthew's new braces for his feet. I couldn't believe how big they looked when the fitter pulled them out of the box! They make them extra long, and then the fitter cuts the ends down to the proper length, but other than that, they fit wonderfully...I guess his little foot has grown more than I realized! Now remember, we first arrived in Bowling Green around 10:15 and by the time we got to the orthotics office it was a little after 1:00. Matthew did fairly well the first time the fitter put the braces on him, but the next three times he wasn't so pleasant! By the fourth, he was quite ill! (He had to try them on for overall fit first, then after he cut the length down, then after he added the foam insert and marked it for fit, and then on last time after the foam was cut down.) Now, we need to get a new pair of shoes that they fit in, and we'll be good to go :o) Matthew was very happy to get his grilled cheese from Sonic that he had been asking for ever since he got to Graves-Gilbert Clinic that morning!

Yesterday was so rainy and dreary! The boys and I left at 9:00 in the morning to go pick up Jason from work so that he could go to jury duty. Since it was lunch time, he treated Jacob to McDonald's and the rest of us at Matthew's place of choice...guess where that was???? Yep, SONIC! It rained on us the entire time, and after we got back in the house, we never ventured out again!! We snuggled on the couch and watched movies for part of the day and then last night we settled in to watch Halloweentown 2. I LOVE watching seasonal and holiday movies!!! (I've already started watching some of my Christmas movies!)

Today, the boys and I met their Aunt Christie and cousin Michael at the theater in Glasgow to watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3-D! This was the first time the boys and I had ever seen a 3-D movie, and I thought it was really neat! Matthew wouldn't tolerate the glasses, but enjoyed the movie anyway. He really got into Toy Story 2 and squealed lots! Jacob ate tons of popcorn and ate an entire bag of Twizzlers, Matthew had a whole box of Sour Jacks and a box of Jelly Bellys, and I just couldn't pass up the chocolate covered almonds :-) We really enjoyed our day! Thank you Grandma for treating us today!!!

Jacob and I enjoyed Halloweentown High tonight and we are looking forward to a trip to Jackson's Orchard tomorrow! I can already taste a caramel apple! :o) Jacob is already counting down the days till he has to head back to school...and no, not because he's ready to go back! BUT, we are going to try to focus on enjoying the days of break we have left!! :o) I have included a few pictures from today and some from our weekend camping trip...ENJOY!!!


Michael, Jacob and Matthew at the movies.

This is the face you get after consuming a box of Sour Jacks and Jelly Beans! (STICKY!!)

Jacob :)

Jacob enjoying his cheese and olive pizza on our camping excursion!

Matthew and his tater chips!

Just look at that happy face!!!!

You don't know how much it means to me to see him smile and laugh!!!!!
He LOVED staying in the camper!

Matthew and Mommy watching tv in the camper.

Jacob and Mommy

♥My sweethearts♥

Sleeping so sweetly



4 comments:

Brooke said...

Camping is so much fun! Glad you got to go! We are super excited about Toy Story 3 coming out in June. Colby is already planning a babysitter for little brother so we can go to the movies.

And you MUST have the caramel apple at Jackson's when you go. I had the caramel apple chips today and I swear it was the best thing I had eaten in FOREVER!!! Have fun!

Tiffany Vincent said...

I totally agree with Brooke...We went to Jackson's today & I had a caramel apple...It was delicious! All of their snacks are so good but I just can't hardly say no to a good caramel apple. YUM! Hope you guys have fun. The weather today was perfect...I hope it is the same way tomorrow!

Robin said...

We are also planning a trip to Jackson's soon. Glad to hear that Mathew is doing better and you all are enjoying fall break. Josie and I love camping too.

Heather said...

Glad the boys enjoyed the movie!! I hope you have a good day at Jackson's Orchard:o)