Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Red Ribbon Week - Day 3


Today's theme at Kyrock was "Dream of a Drug Free World", and everyone wore their pajamas to school. This is probably THE favorite day for all students! I WILL say that Jacob asked me if I was SURE today was pajama day when he was getting dressed this morning...he was afraid he would be the only one in pj's! (This is the same kid who didn't want to participate on pajama day when he was in preschool because he thought everyone would make fun of him. He looked rather cute and comfy this morning as he headed to school in his flannel polar bear pj's and matching robe that he wore as his jacket :) "Paws"-itively DRUG FREE was the theme at the 5/6 Center and the kiddos were to wear their favorite team shirt, so Matthew went rooting for the Edmonson County Wildcats by sporting his new tie-dyed shirt from his school spirit order...handsome for sure!

I can hardly believe that this is the 300th post that I have published to my blog. And to think...here lately I've considered taking my blog down. I know my posts aren't very interesting reading for most people, but I have enjoyed keeping track of my little family's comings and goings here. It has been rather therapeutic to be able to type the things that I can't always say to someone, and it has helped tremendously to keep track of Matthew's progressions and set-backs...just so that I have a readily available timeline should I need to go back and re-call when a particular event happened. I would like to one day have my blog published to book form as a keepsake for my family, but who knows if it will happen. While talking about my boys gives me great joy...as well as the occasional post about my idiotic exercise attempts...I'm just unsure about keeping it up. I've learned here lately how typed words can be interpreted differently and it makes me very cautious to make sure someone cannot take my postings out of context. I've re-typed and proof-read until I'm a bit tired of deleting, and my thought is, it shouldn't take this much "work" to type my own thoughts. Oh well, I guess for now I'll just take the mindset that if someone doesn't like what they read here, there is a little x at the top of the page they can click. So I guess I'll keep posting, but I make no promises about fun reading...although I have given thought to another attempt at exercising!

2 comments:

Linda Corn said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I remember how sweet Matthew was in Linda D's room when I was there so it's nice to know how's he's doing now. Thank you for sharing your boys with us.

Shela Brooks Vincent said...

Good luck with the next exercise attempt,,let us know how it turns out...........