Yesterday evening, Jason, the boys and myself went to Brier Creek campground, where my aunt had her camper set up. She is camping for several days, but was not going to be staying last night since she had church this morning, and it's not real convenient to get ready for church at a campsite. So, she had invited us to stay some time back, before Matthew ever got sick. Since Matthew has been sick, we planned on Jason and Jacob camping and Matthew and I were just going to visit for a while and then come back home. But, Matthew didn't want to leave! It was nice and toasty inside the camper, so we just ended up staying the night as well. Last night had to be the longest night in history!! I wanted Matthew to sleep in the main part of the camper, since that is where it is the warmest, and I just couldn't get comfortable. I would wake up and it felt like I had slept all night long, just to find out that it was about half an hour past the last time I woke up! Matthew woke up around 3:45 and didn't go back to sleep, so I popped in some dvd's and stayed awake as well. Needless to say, I'm "perty" tired!! AND I'm pretty sure there is something about sleeping in a camper trailer that causes snoring to vibrate of the walls, because Jason was completely ruthless last night!! I even slugged him on the arm one time and told him the neighbors were complaining about his snoring ;) They weren't really. Around 1:30 in the morning, I woke up to the sound of a gun shot. I about jumped off the bed! I was as still as a mouse and in a moment I heard it again. I woke Jason up and asked him if it was legal for someone to be shooting down there and that I'd heard two shots. (All this time I thought that someone was mad because of Jason's snoring and was shooting a gun in the air to wake him up!) I heard it again and realized it was fireworks! Who in the world shoots off fireworks at 1:30 in the morning period...much less at a campground!! I don't even want to know...because it was probably someone that I knew!
We stuck around the campsite today and roasted out hot dogs for lunch. Matthew and I spent our time indoors watching movies and Jacob spent a lot of the time inside with us, but also got to play outside for a while too. Some friends of ours from church set their camper up this afternoon, and Jason and Jacob visited with them for a while and played some corn hole. I took some pictures, but I'm sure after reading the above paragraph, you can surely understand that I'm just too tired to upload them on here tonight. I'll try to do that one night this week :)
ALSO...today is Jason and my brother's 34th birthdays! We woke Jason up by singing him happy birthday this morning and then we went to my Mamaw's house for a little cookout this afternoon. Jason got to see his mom for a few minutes this morning, but we aren't taking any chances of getting Matthew around her just yet, for fear of her catching something that he has. They have told me that he would be considered contagious as long as he was coughing and he still sounds awful. As a matter of fact, I foresee a visit to the pediatrician tomorrow...he was running a little low grade fever this afternoon, and you could just tell he didn't feel well. I would almost bet, if I was a betting type of gal, that he has an ear infection, and even though they said his cough could linger on for a while, I don't like how congested he sounds. So, I'd rather be safe than sorry and have him seen for good measure. He already has an appointment with his neurologist for a check-up and one at the orthotics office to pick up his braces for his feet, so we've got a pretty full plate! Hopefully we can get squeezed in at the peds office! The rest of the week will depend largely on how Matthew feels. I hope to take the boys to the orchard one day, and Christie and I would like to take my boys and Michael to see Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D, but we'll just have to see. I already know this week will fly by too fast, but I hope we can enjoy every minute of it! :o)

3 comments:
So glad you got to camp. I seen Jason and Jacob last night but I didn't know you and Matthew were with them. I took the boys over and let them roast hot dogs with "their friends" but we left a little after dark. Tell Jason "Happy Birthday"!!
I'm with you about the fireworks! And it's October people! :o) Hope Matthew feels better. Hate that his whole fall break will be spent sick. I'm still dying to get to the orchard. Hopefully we will before the week is over.
Glad you had fun. Happy birthday to Jason!!! Hope that Matthew is back to 100% soon!
Post a Comment