Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Red Ribbon Week - Day 2

Yesterday was the kick off to Red Ribbon Week, which means a week-long ordeal of "special-dress-up" days at the local schools. Of course the schools cannot have the same schedule to make it easier on us mothers who struggle to get out the door on time anyway, much less remember which kid is supposed to go to school dressed in their pajamas and who is supposed to have crazy hair!!! Yesterday was picture re-take for Kyrock, so the theme was "Smile For a Drug Free World". Everyone was supposed to wear their best smile :) For the 5/6 Center, it was "Say Peace Out to Drugs!" and everyone was to wear hippie clothes. Well, we own no hippie clothes and I was not going to buy something special for Matthew to wear, so I just played the bad momma role and we didn't "do" anything special...*shamey-shamey*!!

Today was the only day the boys schedule is the same. "Join the Fight Against Drugs" was the theme and everyone wore their camouflage clothing. Now, I have a bit of a problem with camo. Why in the world can there not just be one design and color scheme?! We had 'several' different articles of clothing and NONE of them matched!!! It just really "goes against the grain" for me to put different styles of camo together...we had the Mossy Oak, Real Tree, GI Joe looking print and even a JC Penny shirt with a guitar on it...guess which one Jacob wore...even though he wore the same shirt last year for camo day :-0 Someone commented on my facebook status that I had written about this, that "only a girl would coordinate camo!" HAHA!!! Isn't that funny?! Well, IF I were a hunter, I'd be the best coordinated for sure!! I did break down and let Jacob wear a camo hat that totally didn't match his shirt, but guess what??? It didn't hurt a thing! (Other than I notice it when I look at the pictures!) These pictures were made this afternoon because by the time I got Mr. Matthew to look at me this morning, my camera died. I'm already thinking that we'll have to start getting ready at about 3:00 a.m. on Friday in order to get both boys ready in their costumes!!!


NOTE TO SELF: If you blow these pictures up, notice the splotches on Matthew's hands. He was having an allergic reaction to something, but I have NO idea what! When I noticed it first, it was from his knuckles to his fingertips. When I sat him up to take this picture, he had had his hands laying on top of one another and anywhere they had touched was red as a beet...hence the fingerprints on top of his hand. Even the creases on his palms were bright red. By the time we got home, they were pretty much back to normal and then were completely fine not an hour later.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Nice camo!! We did the camo thing today too...even me:o) Trace is flipping out over this pj day. Apparently Curious George, Cat in the Hat, and Lightning McQueen are all too "babyish" to wear to school. I think his exact words were..."There fine for home, Mom, but not for school." Oh me!! This is the same child that caused us to be late for a birthday party on Saturday because he didn't like the sweatshirt I put on him. I don't think I have to worry though...he's definitely all BOY!! Just has a strange fetish about clothes:o)