Today was Jacob's class basketball tournament at Kyrock. For whatever the reason, Kyrock decided they would have the ball games during the school day. They said it would give more students the chance to play, but it caused many family members to miss the games that has been traditional family fun for years. Oh well, off of my soapbox!! Jason was not able to be there due to work, but luckily my parents, Jason's mom, my aunt and I were all there to root Jacob on. Due to schedule conflicts...we were told first grade was to play Wednesday at first, and then the times were wrong as well...we almost missed Jacob's game. His class was actually playing when I got there and I didn't even notice. When I got to looking for him, I saw him on the sidelines. We caught most of the game and it's always so much fun to watch the little ones running up and down the court like that's the name of the game! =) Jacob couldn't get a shot to fall for him, but he did a really good job dribbling! They ended up losing, but they had fun. Here's a few pictures that I snapped. Parents had to sit in the top of the bleachers and it's hard to get good pics due to the lighting in the gym anyway, so these aren't the best shots in the world.
This is Jacob shooting the ball. He's in there somewhere =)
Hard to see, but Jacob is playing defense. (Their version of defense is running to the 'box' which we would refer to as the lane, and holding their hands up in the air.)
Running down the court! Jacob liked this best of all. It was too cute when he caught sight of us in the stands. He stopped and waved really big...those are moments you need to have a video camera handy!
1 comment:
Aren't they cute?! Trent's team lost too (2-16, I think) but they had a lot of fun! Maybe I'll get some of my pics posted later on. My camera NEVER takes good pictures in the gym. They are always so dark. Good job, Jacob!!
Post a Comment