Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Spring Training"

Jacob had his first T-ball practice tonight! He's been looking forward to it for a while now, and he had a blast. Jason is coaching his team this year, and thankfully he has stressed to the parents and assistant coaches that we are all about the kids having fun! Too many of the adults get carried away...goodness people, these are 4, 5 and 6-year-olds!! There are some really good hitters on the team this year...and one of them happens to be a GIRL!! Yep, pink helmet, bat and all!!! When Jacob first found out, he wasn't too thrilled...when he saw her play tonight, I'm pretty sure he was okay with it!! Girl's got skillz =)

I snapped a few pics while at the park...ENJOY!!

Matthew was NOT happy that baseball season had resumed! However, a bag of chips from Mamaw Skaggs kept him occupied! Note the dirty face and shirt! Too bad you can't see his pants...they played with putty today at KAP, and I'm pretty sure he wollered in it!

On deck...and no, he was not really standing like a model!!!
I hollered at him to turn around and snapped the picture as he did. Little did I know it would come out so posed!

"Batter up!"
He's a lefty at bat...but, he fields, writes, etc right-handed!

"Nice hit"

Running the bases.
It's been a beautiful day today! I worked out in the yard while I was at home today and loved being outside for a change! I took Matthew to WKU and did a little running while he was at KAP. I have a post planned for him in a few days to update on his most recent progress...he's doing so well! We spent a little time at my Mamaw's before heading to the ball park, and Matthew managed to eat the entire time we were there, and left with a pop tart and the rest of a bag of BBQ chips! He's my little munchy monkey!! :o)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Go Jacob!! Did Matthew get his hot dog? Isn't that the hi-light of the ballgames for him? Hey, I'm all about the food too. Maybe we can watch him play sometime.