Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1st...Already??!!

I can hardly believe that it is already the first day of March! Longer days are on the horizon and I can't wait...especially for the warmer weather. I don't know when I've ever looked forward to getting out in the yard and working as much as I have here recently. I love taking the boys outside and we tend to visit much more when you don't have to bundle up as much ;) Jacob's t-ball league will be starting back up in no time at all, and that is always fun!

Our weekend has been fun-filled. Friday night we went to dinner with my parents to....Cracker Barrel!!! Yep, that's two times in one week...anybody jealous?! Matthew was literally stuffed to the gills and I don't think he could have ate another bite, but I know he would have tried. Saturday evening was one of big thrills!! I was surprised with a set of new wheels!!!!!!!!!! The guys and I are now cruising around in a 2007 Ford Edge...(color...Redfire!) Needless to say, I LOVE it! Both the little guys and the big one are lovin' it as well! I didn't have a bit of problem getting everyone on board to go "to the city", as Jacob calls it when we go to Cave City, Leitchfield, BG, Munfordville, etc. We had to make a grocery run and no one complained in the least :o) Jacob is looking so forward to getting dropped off at school in his new ride. He has made comments such as, "No one will know who I am when I get to school", "This thing is awesome!" (I've heard that one several times per ride!) and my favorite, "And this vehicle even obeys the law!" Mom took some pics and I will try to post some later.

Lastly, I would like to ask everyone to remember my Daddy. As I posted during the ice storm, he was hospitalized with chest pains and some tests had to be performed. Week before last he had both a nuclear stress test and the treadmill stress test performed. Those tests revealed that there is a problem with the bottom part of his heart. They are unsure as to the what the problem is at this time and he is to undergo a dye test on his heart tomorrow morning at 8:00. This will reveal if there are any blockages to be dealt with. We will have to see what this test reveals before we know what step will be next. I will try to update tomorrow evening.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

I was thinking the same thing about it being March 1st today. Feb. just flew by. Bring on the warm weather. I'm ready for line dried clothes, gardening, and jsut sitting outside in the sunshine.

Your new ride is awfully cute!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for your dad! That is ironic-he is the third person I know that is going to the heart doctor tomorrow. My Mamaw Janie (Mom's mom) is going tomorrow for irregular heartbeats and other possible heart issues and my Papaw Homer (Dad's stepdad) is also going. He is getting a full check up to make sure that everything is good to go after all his health issues the past year! I'll be thinking of him! And yes, your new vehicle is wonderful!

Staffanne said...

Congrats on your new ride! I will be remembering your family in prayer. They have always been special to me.

Jeremy, Shauna, & Kennedy said...

I will be keeping your dad in my prayers. Hope everything goes well.

Heather said...

Hope everything goes good with your Dad and get some answers. I will be checking on him. I can't believe I didn't see your new ride today at church. Nathan seen it but I didn't. I was just focused on how cold it was outside. Yes, I'm ready for outside weather, too.

Brooke said...

I agree.........warmer weather hurry up!! I will keep your family in my prayers. I know how much it hurts to worry about your Daddy. You hang in there and keep us posted!