I cannot believe how well Dad is doing!! Yesterday morning when Mom and Jeromy went in for the 6:15 visit, he had been bathed, was sitting in a chair, and had eaten a Popsicle! (He was a happy man!) I was able to go up with them at the 9:15 visit, and as we were going in, he was headed out for a jaunt up the hall way. He had eaten breakfast, which he proudly announced he ate ALL of, and he even drunk the coffee, which Dad just does not do! Mom and I went up for the 2:15 visit, and he had had lunch and ate about half of it. It wasn't seasoned and that's something he'll have to adjust his taste buds for :) At this visit, they had taken all tubes except for the drain tube and one IV port in his hand that they use for giving meds. He hadn't been in pain and had taken another walk. I stayed in the lobby with our belongings at the 6:15 visit so my aunt could go for a change of scenery for him. Each visit, he was sitting up in his chair. There was another family who's husband/dad had open heart surgery yesterday, and I'm pretty sure they want to claim Dad for one of their own! They thought he was just the sweetest little thing sitting over there in his chair with the sweetest little smile! :) Yep, that's my Dad, always smiling! I had full intentions of staying for the 9:15 visit, but the roads were already getting white, so I thought I should head on in before it got too bad. (And Dad said I needed to go home before it got bad too!) Let me tell you...the roads were awful! I am SOOOOOOO NOT a snow driver, but I was never the least bit nervous on the long trek home. I felt very safe in my all wheel drive Ford Edge :) I took it very slow and made it home fine. (Okay, so I did get a bit nervous when two trucks decided we were going too slow and passed about three cars in a row, in front of Dr. Farmer's old building! Then after we rounded the corner and saw a car over-turned in a gully, they decided to slow down a bit too!)
Mom just called me a moment ago and said that Dad is doing great this morning!! The doctor took the drain tube out this morning and said if they have a room available, he may get to be moved out into a room today. GET THIS......If all goes well, he will very likely get to go home TOMORROW!!!!! That's a little too soon for my comfort, but I guess they know what they're talking about. I'm going to spend the morning here with my boys, and then I think their Mamaw Shela may watch them for me this afternoon until Jason gets home so I can head on down for the 2:15 visit. I am a little in disbelief as to how well Dad is doing so soon, but I am relieved. They make even the most extensive surgeries seem so minor these days! I hope everyone enjoys the day, and I will update when I know more!
5 comments:
Wonderful news Natalie!!
And by the way, I think you should be doing commercials for Ford! ha ha
I can tell that you're relieved just by the tone of your post! I'm sure that a beg weight off of your heart and mind. Maybe now you can get a little rest.
I really need to spell check - sorry! I promise I do know how to spell and I am familiar with grammar rules!
So glad he is continuing to do good. Give him my love!
great news Natalie!!! I am happy to hear that.
Post a Comment