Part 1 - Matthew's Cast
Yay! The cast is gone!! Matthew had grown lots of bone and was ready to get the cast off today. I didn't know how he would do when they fired up what looked and sounded like a vacuum from the 60's, but when they started cutting the cast off, Matthew got so tickled he couldn't hardly sit still. The vibrations from the machine tickled Mr. Tickle Bones and we laughed at him laughing!! Dr. Burch said that his arm was strong, but for the next couple of weeks or so, that I needed to kind of monitor his activities. Sorry Matthew, no hanging from a tree like a monkey for at least a few more days :) To my amazement, there were only a few pieces of cracker stuck to his arm, that he tried but was unsuccessful at eating! I couldn't count the number of times he's smelled his arm since the cast removal. His arm is now very dry and scaly, and I don't think he really knows what to do with his arm yet. He is still holding it like the cast is on there :)
You can't really tell here, but his arm is soooo dry!
Dad went to the surgeon this morning, and surgery has been scheduled for next Wednesday morning. He will go for pre-op on Tuesday and they will tell him a definite time to be there on Wednesday then. The receptionist estimated around 5:00-5:30!! I told them we needed to make sure the doc was good and awake with a few cups of joe in him before the cutting begins...but not too much coffee, we don't want him jittery!
He told Dad today that he had at least 5 blockages that were 70% or more blocked. From the way they talked, the doctor was surprised that Dad had not had more chest pains than what he reported. His only real complaint was that he would get winded when trying to do some physical tasks. According to that symptom, I might need to have a dye test run too :) Seriously, this is a serious surgery with a long recovery time. Dad will be off work for at least 3 months, so I'll get to do a lot of Daddy-sitting when mom has to work :o) As long as he's good, we'll get along fine. When he goes to acting up, I'm calling Momma!!!! ;o)
Thank you all so much for your prayers, comments and offers. Mom, and sometimes Dad, reads the comments too, so it is a help to us all. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends that we KNOW we can call on at a moments notice! We love you all!!
5 comments:
I bet that arm does smell funny! I can picture him giggling as they cut it off. Too bad you didn't have a picture of that!
Jacob is such a ham!
Yeah about the cast! Yeah about the car (too cute!)! And I am glad your dad is on the way to getting things taken care of. I can sympothize with the daddy sitting. It is hard, but you will be so glad that you were given the time to take care of things for him!
I love the car!! I guess it does feel funny to Matthew after having his arm wrapped up for so long. Maybe some good lotion will help with the dryness.
Of course all of you are already in our prayers! Let us know if there is anything you need.
I LOOOOOOOOVE this background,,,it's so cute!!!!! The song made me cry though, (tears, tears) don't know that I have ever heard it before. I hope they stay close!
Post a Comment