Tomorrow is the big day...everyone please remember Dad. He went for his pre-op this morning and is to be at the Medical Center in the morning at 5:00, with surgery scheduled for 7:00. Needless to say, we are all a bit nervous, but I am thankful for the church service I was able to attend on Sunday with my parents. For those that don't know, my parents and I attend the same kind of church, but not the same church. I visit sometimes with them and thought since Sunday was the last time Dad would be in church for a while, we should go with them. After going to Sunday School at our church and then leaving early so we could make it to service on time with them, Matthew was not a happy camper! He did not like having to go to church 2 times in a row :) They had a wonderful service and I was very thankful for what I could feel. It definitely makes facing tomorrow easier. I took the boys over to Mom and Dad's this afternoon for a while so Grandpa could get his hugs and loves from the boys to last him for a few days.
There is always a risk to surgery, but there will be lots of recuperation time involved as well. Right after surgery, Dad will be on a ventilator with tubes down his throat, and he will have a tube going into the side of his neck, drain tubes in his abdomen and other various wires and tubes here and there. It's never easy to see someone you care about strapped up with those apparatuses. They teased me today that I might need to wait to see him...Now let me affirm...I only get queasy and pass out when things happen to me!!! I can hold it together pretty good at seeing things on other people, when I know what's coming. But, let me get a little scratch, and I'm a goner! Better get me as close to the ground as possible, because there's a pretty good chance I'll go out cold! I think I will do fine tomorrow though.
I want to take a moment and thank all of my friends and loved ones who have been so kind. It is truly a blessing to live in a place where so many people offer to help in a moment's notice. I have had many offers to help with the boys, fix food, etc, and I thank you all! We have even had an anonymous donation of gift cards that will be extremely helpful in the week to come. I have no idea who they came from, but I hope that those who gave them will some day know how much they have helped!! Perhaps I will be able to do something one day to help repay, even if I don't know about it! The most important thing that people have and can do is pray! This is one ole girl who knows the power of prayer, and knows that God can and does work miracles. I will update sometime tomorrow night, but it will be late. Love you all♥
3 comments:
I will be remembering you guys in prayer! You are so right! God does answer prayers, and he knows exactly what we need. Love to your sweet family.
I had full intentions of coming to be with you guys some time tomorrow, but I have a very sick child right now. I will definitely remember you all and if there's anything you need, just call!
I work tonight 7p-7a but I am off the rest of the week if you need me to help with the boys. Jacob would be fine...he could beat everyone in bowling. I would even watch wrestling videos for Matt!!
Just give me a call!
Post a Comment