I can hardly believe that today is the last Friday of summer vacation for the kiddos. It honestly seems like the summers go by faster every year and that we never get to do all the things that we have planned. We have done lots of fun stuff this summer, so I'm not going to complain.
Yesterday was just one of THOSE days! I could tell from the time that I overslept, causing Jason to be late out the door, that things were not going to be pretty. I contemplated just not even leaving the house, but decided I better head on out anyway. Mom and I were going to take the boys and Ashlee to Bowling Green to do some running that HAD to be finished before school starts. I got to her house (almost an hour later than I had planned to!) and we got the boys in the van. We stopped by the bank in Brownsville and once we were heading out of the city limits, realized I had not put Matthew's stroller in the van! UGH! We had to have it, so it was back to Mom's house to get it out of my car. We pick up Ashlee and are planning to make Graves-Gilbert Clinic the first stop so that I can pick up Matthew's completed physical form. Mom forgets and gets on I-65 instead. Now we have to backtrack to go back to the clinic. We head to the mall and thankfully something goes right! I had this awesome coupon for Old Navy, which is a store I love to shop at for the boys. We paid for it all together so we could take advantage of the coupon and this is our deal: I got 2 pair of athletic pants, 1 pair of the cutest brown pants, and three shirts (all for the boys). Mom got a sweater and shirt to wear underneath, and she also got Michael two pairs of jeans and two shirts and Ashlee got a pair of flip flops....all totaling 110.00!!! Ashlee wound up going back in and getting her a sweater and shirt after we saw what a great deal it was :) We had lunch in the mall and Jacob took a spin on the carousel. We went to a few furniture stores and then to Wal-Mart to finish with the school supplies. Let me mention here that Matthew was unhappy most of the time (except when he was eating!) and Jacob took it upon himself to use every store we were in as a race track!
On the way out of town, we stopped by KAP to pick up the stander that they had been constructing to help Matthew learn to go potty. WELL...about all I got there was a good laugh!! The "thing" they built was huge...I mean...it wouldn't even fit in my bathroom (nor the school's!) AND, it was made out of large pvc pipe and one of the legs got twisted during construction and wasn't even on the ground! The girls that were working were having a good time with it too and suggested making it into a piece of playground equipment. It DID resemble a set of parallel bars :) So, trash the potty stander idea! I also received the news from them that was reinforced by his teachers later, that Matthew's aggression changes could be due to the age that he is...well, that hadn't crossed my mind! Oh my gosh! Well, that will be the last that it's mentioned here because there are some things that a mother just doesn't blog about, but at least I know that there is a probable reason for my son's behavior other than him being possessed! Look out nerve pills...here I come!
Matthew's open house was last evening and he and I went together. Due to where I parked was completely on the other end of the moon from his class, I pushed him in in his stroller. BTW, he was not happy to be there at first, so I'd have never gotten him to walk from the gym to his room! Well, I felt like I was pushing a celebrity through those hallways!!! It was the sweetest thing ever to see the way people reacted to Matthew! Of course we saw tons of friends that were there with their own 5th and 6th graders and enjoyed that...but, so many of the teachers and staff made it a point to talk to us as we were "parading" through the hall :) It gave me such a proud feeling to know that Matthew was so loved there!!! AND...I had already told him that we were going to mamaw's because we were in mom's van and Jacob was still there. I'm pushing him through the parking lot, he turns and looks at me and says, "Mamaw Skaggs, Ma-ma-ma (for Grandmama), Grandma and Grandpa"!!!!!!! I was so proud of him and of course have not been able to get him to say it again :)
Today is devoted to letting the boys chill here at home doing whatever it is that they want to do. Evidently, emptying the box of baby wipes was high on some little guy's list of priorities! Yes, the tent is still in the living room, and yes, Jacob has slept in it the last three nights. I did for the first two, but last night my legs, back and head were hurting too bad to attempt it. We are going to pick Jason up from work this afternoon, so I'm thinking he should buy us dinner for our taxi service :)
***Just so you know, my brother is selling watermelons, sweet corn and tomatoes at my Mamaw's house!!!! The one thing I'm looking most forward to tonight, is cutting the watermelon I smuggled home last night :) Hope you all have a Happy Friday!

3 comments:
I cut my yellow watermelon today and it was delicious!
Don't you just love those days when you feel like all you do is backtrack?! BTW, we stole the tent idea. It's up in the boys room and they have slept in it last night and now tonight.
Mom, we ended up going to Mamaw's this evening and Matthew picked out his own watermelon up there to cut! We got a big kick out of him because he was really deliberating on which kind he wanted!! It was too cute! He picked a jubilee and boy was it good! Mamaw made us bring the other half home and Jacob informed me that Uncle Jeromy told him to get a watermelon to take home. I told him we had one we brought home last night, but he said we needed a fresh one! So, I let him pick out one too :) (He wanted one of the seedless ones, but since he only had three of those, I wouldn't let him get one...he hates seeds!!!)
Heather, we took our tent down today...I had walked around it for long enough!
Post a Comment