We went to visit with some friends of ours this afternoon for their annual fireworks extravaganza! They do up fireworks right for a "non-professional" show!! They have been having this get-together for several years now and always have a huge crowd! Funny thing is, they have Amish neighbors and they will call each year to find out when the fireworks are going to be and what has to be all of the Amish community converges at that one house next door to watch the show as well. No kidding, last year they came in on a tour bus!! Not only that, but there are some farm drives across the street, and people come and park there to watch as well :o) I was a little unsure how Matthew would do. At first he was a bit skittish, but after a few minutes, he got so excited...he was rocking, laughing, squealing....THEN, he turned tide and became a scratching demon :o/ He got over that little episode and then watched the rest of the show much more peacefully. I'm still pondering if he has an earache. (I have to schedule his 6th grade physical and shots, so maybe he can get in fairly quick and get those ears checked out...yes, I said sixth grade!!! It hit me like a ton of bricks today that this will be his last year at the 5/6 Center...next year he will be a middle schooler!!! Golly...that's a whole nother blog post!)
This is Matthew's excited face during fireworks!
Don't look too close...yep, that drool and BBQ chips on his face :o)

Jacob LOVED all the fireworks! He was amazed that he could close his eyes and could see a replay of the ka-boom...you know, how the lights are still there when you blink your eyes closed? Anyway, I knew what he was talking about!

One of the only good shots of the fireworks I got! Gotta love the delay on cameras these days!

I tried my hand at videoing some of the fireworks with my digital camera so I could post my very first video footage. I have no idea how it will turn out or if I can even get it on here at all! I think I put the grand finale on here, but I'm not sure!
2 comments:
Love the fireworks video! We had planned on coming but we had ours at Mom's. I'm sure it was a blast. (literally:o)
Love the boys' expressions! The video turned out good!
Post a Comment